Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Vos

GE Pro: can't see much diff from GE2006

What do you think, is it really significantly different looking? I did read the avsim review but was hoping for other testimony. I love GE 2006.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I don't think there is much of a difference in the textures themselves. What is new is the ability to shade them dynamicly to match different types of weather conditions. For example On sunny days they would be brighter than on a cloudy day. Of course this must be defined within the GEPro interface!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Derek D

The GE2006 textures are great, but I didn't see enough of a difference in the screenshots to justifying re-purchasing the textures with some added color tweaks. After all, the game already shades the textures based on cloud coverage so I don't really understand how GE Pro adds to the realism factor.

Guest Yak Yak

>The GE2006 textures are great, but I didn't see enough of a>difference in the screenshots to justifying re-purchasing the>textures with some added color tweaks. After all, the game>already shades the textures based on cloud coverage so I don't>really understand how GE Pro adds to the realism factor.Default fs2004 does not shade textures based on cloud coverage.GePro is the first product i've seen on the market that achieves this. -feng

Guest Peter Wilding

Just to clarify gusy, GE PRO has over 75% all new textures compared to GE. All the deserts, forsest, grasses are new and to a much higher quality.New textures also include special tropical textures for; Florida, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of asia.New rural textures for Europe and other parts of the world.New night textures (about to be released for GE PRO)Sky textures that are made to work aslo with the ground textures in suble and uquiqe ways to produce new levels of realism.There is a lot more development time as a result. The overall quality is dramactically improved.All the new textures have new updated autogen to go with the textures.

>The GE2006 textures are great, but I didn't see enough of a>difference in the screenshots to justifying re-purchasing the>textures with some added color tweaks. After all, the game>already shades the textures based on cloud coverage so I don't>really understand how GE Pro adds to the realism factor.Default fs does not shade the textures based on cloud coverage... it shades based on time of day.Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest Derek D

Hmm well in that case I'm a little disappointed. I wasn't expecting GE2006 to go through it's development life cycle so quickly.

Would the regular GE be improved? a new revision with the improved texture?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Peter Wilding

GE 2006, went though many free updates and improved textures. We do that for all our customers on all our products.We are doing the same for the GE PRO users now. They are getting things fixed and upgraded and improved. It should be pointed out that it's only $20 to upgrade from GE to GE PRO with a $30 discount to existing GE customers.GE PRO, uses different textures and those textures are all belended carefully.The new textures won't work so well with the older version of GE because the levels are different due to the fact we colorize the textures in GE PRO. GE PRO makes unique versions of sets that use a master set to make textures from and these masters are at a very specific level that allows for a certain amount of colorization.The older GE sets we worked hard to keep them balanced and made the most of what we could do within those limits.The night lighting for example in GE PRO (about to come out for free) has options to set the level and again, if used on the older version of GE there will be limits of how well it can work and since so many tiles are changed it's not that easy for us to do.GE PRO is at cost to those users who want more. It cost us too in the region of 3 guys working full time, (it's our day job, our proper job) and I estimate there is around 6,000 man hour above GE original version in development and probably the same again since GE PRO came out.We didn't think eveyone would want to pay the extra for the GE PRO version so that's why we keep GE on the market and why we released the GE 2006 version knowing it represents great value for money.At only $20 to an existing user it's not a lot of money. In the UK that's around

Peter, I think of all the addons I have, and it's a bunch, GE is probably the one I would least want to be without.That being said, I'm probably disinclined to pre-configure anything prior to taking a flight, so . . . if I upgrade to Pro, will there be much there if I wish to just start up without using the built-in tools to optimize visuals before each flight? From knowing my history of flight simming, this may be a step I will probably skip after trying it once or twice.Thanks for a truly superior product,Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest PPSFA

Ge Pro is perfect for lazy people (me), it will always load a default texture set unless you tell it not to, absolutly a no brainer :-)

Oh!.. so GE has been there for a while is it? Hmmm.. I didn't know. When I bought it, I thought it was a new product..so I was kind of surprised when I saw GE Pro about month later.Moroever, the price of GE is like $30 and the Pro is %50 and if the upgrade is $20, its fair.... and its fine.No probllemo... IMO.Thx.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Peter Wilding

if you don't want to re-configure things it's easy. Half the time I just fly with a mostly clear set of textures and they work just fine. Think of GE PRO as better textures and with more options if you want them.We made sure that any existing GE user would see a major benefit no matter how simple or complex he wanted to keep it.

Thanks for your replies. I think I'll go ahead and go for it.Noel

Noel