Sign in to follow this  
aussiedin

Airport Environment Upgrade ***STATUS***

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Cheers Chris. Your name will always be associated with this add on, with all due respect to the new artist. Like Colonel Sanders and KFC chicken! Best of luck.

Chris,A big THANK YOU for your work which I have enjoyed. And, A HEARTY BEST WISHES in your carreer from an Ancient Pilot who has been there and is envious.Good Luck.Frank B

Chris, Thank you for your awesome contribution to the flightsimming community. With every format and reinstall of FS, your textures would be first on my list to download....Thank you!

Many thanks Chris,I followed AEU through a number of its versions, AEU7 with the patched asphalt from AEU6 was my fave. Just got back from a seminar in Phoenix and plan to attend next year with my family, we'll try to schedule a tour of the Grand Canyon when we are there and hopefully you'll be flying ;).From one proud father to another, best wishes,Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest shibby

Thank you so much for all the effort you put forward into improving the FS world for complete strangers. I still have your letter saved in my inbox when you let me test AEU7 and as creepy as that sounds I was just glad to be a part of what you were bringing forward. I wish you tbe best of luck :)

Cheers Chris. Your AEU's have been an essential addon to the sim over the last few years. All the best for the future and thanks once again.

Guest AEU 8

Before I get to the rest of this... It looks like the unnamed author is going to pass on the AEU project. I am most likely going to begin a new thread (very soon) asking for nominations. From there, I'll have to find a nominee who wishes to take on the project. ***Please save all of your recommendations for that post.*** I want to try and keep this process as organized as possible. :) Be watching!No matter what happens, I am now dedicated to finding a suitable replacement. I am very serious about keeping the AEU project available to the community even if it belongs to another contributor. I've had my fun, it's time to pass the torch. I simply can't see letting it die along with my ambition for the project. The community here is far too important and it is reflected in your responses to my post. :) THANK YOU ALL!Thank you very much everyone. :) To this day, you always offer the same heartwarming support that everyone here is so famous for. I guess that's one of the main reasons AEU found a home at AVSIM in the first place. :-beerchugTo answer a question or two: Any one of you who visits the Grand Canyon is welcome to fly. I think I only have so many "buddy passes" to give out, but I'll certainly try if you happen to run into me. :) With a "pass", the cost is only like $25 U.S.D. as opposed to $150 or more for whatever flight you happen to be taking. I think the $25 is a fuel surcharge that cannot be waived. :(Someone asked: Where am I based? The answer is: out of Boulder City, Nevada (61B); it is our newest crew base. I can be found out at the Grand Canyon National Park airport (KGCN) about ten days out of the month. On those days, I'm either shuttling passengers between there and Boulder City or bringing a load in the morning and flying air tours locally until the mid afternoon. Our other destinations include: Page, Arizona (KPGA) Grand Canyon West (1G4) and Monument Valley. We ocassionally charter to and from places like Scottsdale, Arizona (KSDL), but we no longer have a ticket counter there as of last spring.That pretty much answers the next question... Yes, the vast majority of our operation is air tours. We do, however, shuttle passengers to and from various locations. We do this mostly to bring them to a ground tour location or we are chartered for whatever reason.The aircraft in the picture (in case some of you are wondering) is the "Vista Liner" modification of the DHC-6-300 "Twin Otter". The most notable thing about the modification is the panoramic windows stretching down both sides of the aircraft. The Vista Liner is probably the best air tour platform in the world as far as fixed wing aircraft are concerned. As an aircraft, the Otter does everything extremely well (except go fast). It is extremely rugged, can carry a-lot of weight, and has remarkable STOL capabilities.BTW Adam, your Grand Canyon Airlines terminal is spot on! Outstanding! :-beerchug I visit that building very frequently and that's exactly how it looks in real life. Very impressive!

I appreciate all your work you gave to FS and your continuing interest in the future of what you have started.You also have my dream job and hopefully one day I'll be there and maybe fly on your right.Good luck with everything!

Guest baksteen33

Thanks a lot and good luck with whatever you do, Chris. :-) Kind regards Jaap

Guest Kingair315

Have had many flights with Grand Canyon Tours... Since moving to CA in 1969, the Grand Canyon has been my favorite vacation spot. We go there in the Motorhome several times a year, and have been there in all seasons. My favorite is actually the winter, with some snow on the ground, the contrast makes the colors stand out. We take a tour at least once a year, and the flight is spectacular. Have also taken from time to time a tour into the canyon from GCN by Heleocopter. Including the tour from Vegas with another company, over Hoover, Lake Mead, and landing in the Canyon.

Hi ChrisSorry to hear you are leaving. I just want to say "Thank you" for all your AEUs which I considered as a Must Have file. For someone who don't have the privilage of payware, you constribution has been a great help and derived great pleasure to many people like me. Wishing you all the best in whatever you endeavour.Kind regardsAussiedin-WMKD