Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Navigraph SidStar Files for NGX

Where are these files located ?  I am having a terrible time getting the NGX FMS to show cycle1809 as the current cycle.

I have manually downloaded 1809 and see files dated 8/11/18 in C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG\NavData\PMDG\SidStars (and also c:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG\SidStars).  These must be files for 1809 because of the date.  But PMDG FMS still shows 1805 as current  ( this was the last cycle that downloaded OK.)

I have spent many hours with NavData trying to get this problem solved.  Can anyone give me this information so that I may track down the problem ?

Dave Hinson

P3d main folder - PMDG - navdata or named similar. 

the navigraph manager installs them automatically... 

Sorry - should have mentioned I have FSX-SE.

Thanks,

Dave

Same path... sim folder, pmdg, navdata... maybe the sim folder is located in the steam apps folder, i don‘t know.. but inside the main folder there is a PMDG folder which includes all you need.

I think the PMDG navdata folder location changed with an update in the not-too-distant past.  I remember reading a post that said to remove the PMDG airplanes from the Navigraph FMS Data Manager, and then add it back it, letting the manager find the PMDG airplanes automatically.  I was having the same issue with old data still showing after an update, and the aforementioned action fixed it for me.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I tried the process you described, but in rescanning Data Manager could not find PMDG.

ALso, in Navdata folder, cycle_info.txt show cycle 1809, but not in PMDG FMS.

Dave

Edited by DaveH
Addition

Download the individual AIRAC 1809 for PMDG and install it using the installer for that file, if this doesn't show the correct path pre-installation, you can alter to the correct location.

steve southey

13 hours ago, w6kd said:

I think the PMDG navdata folder location changed with an update in the not-too-distant past.

PMDG didn't change the location of the navdata folder but the change was in how the Navigraph installer required the location to be expressed within it's settings.  The location has always been <sim root>\PMDG\navdata\ for navdata and <sim root>\PMDG\SIDSTARS for sidstar files.  The Navigraph installer used to want to be pointed to <sim root> and now it is <sim root>\PMDG.  This is why letting the installer reset the path usually works.  Make sure you have the latest Navigraph Data Manager if you are having problems.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, guys, for all the input.  I have tried all your (and Navigraph's ) suggestions to no avail.

I believe all the proper folders have 1809 files, but NGX FMS absolutely refuses to see them.

Maybe a reinstallation of NGX would work.

Signing off.

Dave Hinson

4 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I have tried all your (and Navigraph's ) suggestions to no avail.

Can you explain in the greatest detail possible, the steps you took?

but NGX FMS absolutely refuses to see them.

This is...well...impossible.

As a mature product, if this were the case, then we'd see it literally worldwide, but this isn't happening.

Maybe a reinstallation of NGX would work.

Unlikely.

Kyle Rodgers

10 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I believe all the proper folders have 1809 files

I believe you believe the files are in the proper folder, but when trying to provide support from a forum where one cannot look over your shoulder you are going to have to be more verbose that this.  Where are the files installed.  How do you know they are the 1809 files?

Dan Downs KCRP

maybe  a  screen  shot  of  your  1809  files   in the location of  the  folder  that  you  got  it  installed, only  way  to disprove  or  claim  that  your  ngx  doesn't  see  the  1809   

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks, again, all.  I finally found the problem -  <FSX Root>\PMDG\NavData\cycle_index.txt was not the latest. I thought I had manually downloaded it properly (Navigraph Data Manager had downloaded to a different folder).  SIdStar files WERE installed properly ( I know they are 1809 files because of the dates).

My main problem now is with Navigraph putting latest files in the proper folder.  Also, I cannot get Data Manager to find my PMDG folder.  When I enter the FSXSE PMDG file location in order to scan for it, it immediately goes away when I try to save it, and a scan cannot find the PMDG.  I will go back to Navigraph forum to try to solve THIS problem.

And no,Kyle, I should not have thought that PMDG was the problem !!!  So sorry, but it seemed like the last thing to try

Dave Hinson.

2 hours ago, DaveH said:

My main problem now is with Navigraph putting latest files in the proper folder.  Also, I cannot get Data Manager to find my PMDG folder.  When I enter the FSXSE PMDG file location in order to scan for it, it immediately goes away when I try to save it, and a scan cannot find the PMDG.  I will go back to Navigraph forum to try to solve THIS problem.

Navigraph provides generally good support from their forum.  If the Data Manager cannot automatically find your FSXSE\PMDG folder then perhaps there is a problem with a registry entry for FSXSE?  Those guys are know to use at least three different install paths.  Regardless, you shouldn't have any problem manually setting the Navigraph Data Manager install path... this is where they can help you.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have tried Navigraph forum several times, but when I login, compose a post, and go to post, it wants me to login again and then my post is gone (never posted).  I (of course) cannot input this problem because I cannot post.  I would like to get to Navigraph for info on how to post.

Dave