Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

Avro Lancaster B Mk1 from Just Flight/AH released!

I can't help thinking this is going to be hard to resist getting, especially at that price.

Cheers

Paul Golding

7 minutes ago, Paul Golding said:

I can't help thinking this is going to be hard to resist getting, especially at that price.

I agree Paul!

I only wish they would have somehow modeled a Dam Buster version, with a droppable, rotating bomb that actually skipped on the water, with some scenery for the Möhne dam.:happy:

That would be a great scenario to recreate in flightsim!

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Will definitely be getting her

Also looking forward to the Heinkel HE111 and Hawker Hurricane that AH have in production

4 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I agree Paul!

I only wish they would have somehow modeled a Dam Buster version, with a droppable, rotating bomb that actually skipped on the water, with some scenery for the Möhne dam.:happy:

That would be a great scenario to recreate in flightsim!

You read my mind!

I recreated the Dambusters mission using the VRS Superbug, using the exact route from AJ-J (it's on my You Tube channel). I also used Simdirector with FSX@War CCP and Tacpack with FSCAI (Flak that actually damages your kite as well as looks the part).Whilst I was looking forward to this release, I enquired about the possibility of the developer releasing it with Tacpack integration. They refuse to have anything to do with Tacpack?

The advertisement States it has droppable bombs, but without a way of determining a hit, I wonder how that will work?

But your right, I looked at the models they have in the release and there is no aircraft from operation Chastise, perhaps the most famous of all the missions!

It's less than thirty quid, but I can't help feeling they they needed a hapeth of tar!

Regards

David

• Like 1

And my father flew these in WWII and further he trained for the Dambuster mission, Major T.E. Wallis as backup pilot...but never actually did the run. So cool to have this bird in the hanger.

My favourite photo of dad sitting on the prop.

lSK2Vqs.jpg

Edited by 1st fltsimguy
  • Like 2

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Bought the Lanc yesterday, I think it's good, only problem is, if I fly around the airfields where it flew in WWII I run out of memory. I'm using Orbx England.

My dad was in Squadrons 460 and 156 in Lancs. He was a wireless operator/ air gunner. I tried to insert a photo, but my ignorance is not allowing me to do that. :angry:

Edited by mikcol1942
  • Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 7:58 PM, charlie130 said:

You read my mind!

I recreated the Dambusters mission using the VRS Superbug, using the exact route from AJ-J (it's on my You Tube channel). I also used Simdirector with FSX@War CCP and Tacpack with FSCAI (Flak that actually damages your kite as well as looks the part).Whilst I was looking forward to this release, I enquired about the possibility of the developer releasing it with Tacpack integration. They refuse to have anything to do with Tacpack?

The advertisement States it has droppable bombs, but without a way of determining a hit, I wonder how that will work?

But your right, I looked at the models they have in the release and there is no aircraft from operation Chastise, perhaps the most famous of all the missions!

It's less than thirty quid, but I can't help feeling they they needed a hapeth of tar!

Regards

David

What is it FSCAI? Any link?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

What is it FSCAI? Any link?

FSCAI is a small unobtrusive program that activates all ground based weapons in FSX@War, CCP. It gives you the customisable options to add/modify flak, AAA and IR Sam's (if you are in a modern battlefield.) You don't need to be a programmer to use this.

Link here;-

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/3218/latest-version-fscai-right

See it in action in one of my videos here;

I used the VRS Superbug to fly the Dambuster route, in a modern re creation of the mission. Obviously there was no Lancaster simulation available when I did the missions. However VRS Superbug is fully Tacpack integrated as we know. I also used P3d Simdirector to add some flak towers to the Mohne Dam, these then become fully customisable with FSCAI.

Simdirector permits you to use all the units from FSX@War CCP and position them anywhere in the world. Thus you can create battle zones anywhere. I did missions for the Caucuses, Balkans and Straights of Hormuz. Its a big boys DCS, don't know why more people don't try it?.......

With a Tackpacked aircraft you can receive damage as well as deliver it! Without Tackpack, any combat aircraft is just a flight simulation and not a combat simulation.

Best regards

David

BTW you can see the full route, taken by AJ-J, at the beginning of this video.......

On 8/29/2018 at 6:58 PM, charlie130 said:

Regards

David

That would require not only the AH/JF Lancaster to be integrated with either Tackpack or CS's Weapon for FSX (hopefully that'll be for P3D at some point too), but also to have either of those add-ons incorporating a working simulation of an upkeep bouncing bomb (more properly known as a Vickers Type 464 depth charge) and it's doubtful that would ever be developed considering it was only ever used for one mission.

It's true that the Lancaster's most famous mission, at least as far as public perception goes, was Operation Chastise, but its more conventional area bombing and occasional tactical precision bombing missions, were the greater part of its contribution to WW2. You can certainly simulate those in FSX and P3D, and really, you can also simulate the Chastise mission too if you like; true your bombs won't bounce, nor hit the dams, but the real challenge of simulating that is finding the place at night at low level and running in at 60 feet.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

That would require not only the AH/JF Lancaster to be integrated with either Tackpack or CS's Weapon for FSX (hopefully that'll be for P3D at some point too), but also to have either of those add-ons incorporating a working simulation of an upkeep bouncing bomb (more properly known as a Vickers Type 464 depth charge) and it's doubtful that would ever be developed considering it was only ever used for one mission.

It's true that the Lancaster's most famous mission, at least as far as public perception goes, was Operation Chastise, but its more conventional area bombing and occasional tactical precision bombing missions, were the greater part of its contribution to WW2. You can certainly simulate those in FSX and P3D, and really, you can also simulate the Chastise mission too if you like; true your bombs won't bounce, nor hit the dams, but the real challenge of simulating that is finding the place at night at low level and running in at 60 feet.

100% agree Alan.

Just flying (attempting) the route at night would keep most folks busy for months! Hand flown at below 100', at night, ye God's I wonder about those chaps? Hero's is an understatement!

You would need to do at least 3 jobs at once, namely navigator ( stopwatch, airspeed, windspeed, drift, constant compass bearings and correction), Engineer(keep those Merlin's spot on) and Pilot....you have to hand fly all the way there and back! The landmarks are all actually there in Orbx Germany, even the slag heap, although Dulman Flak would need FSX@War/FSCAI so you could get shot at.

Some chaps tried to fly the route at 3000' in daylight and got lost! Of course we could resort to cheating and use Plan G.......

Regards

David