Sign in to follow this  
eelis

Career and missions resetting.

Hi

Does anybody know, when ever I choose to fly 'NonGFWL' mode and after going back to 'OfficialGFWL' mode my Career points resets to zero and I have to fly all Missions from start again?

Very annoying to start all over again and again and...well you got the idea.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis
added more text

I believe the progress was stored on the Microsoft Flight servers with GfWL, so the Flight Toolkit implemented its own savegames in NonGfWL mode.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:54 AM, eelis said:

Does anybody know, when ever I choose to fly 'NonGFWL' mode and after going back to 'OfficialGFWL' mode my Career points resets to zero and I have to fly all Missions from start again?

Very annoying to start all over again and again and...well you got the idea.

-eelis-

Try this:

Go to this place: Local Disk (C:)/Users/(your name)/AppData/Local/Microsoft/

Inside this folder there is a folder named "Flight". Make a backup of this folder and store it in some other place. Now delete the "Flight" folder (not the backup) and copy the folder in the link below in the same place. Start the game and check it out. I hope this will solve your problem.

link: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmXbXm2QYzhEtTCyaCHG-XggXrLs

note: there are 4 folders and a file named LiveConfig.xml, all this must be inside the folder named Flight.

Edited by Segador77
more information
  • Like 1

Thank you Segador77, I did what you told and at least now my missions and career didn't reset, when I visited NonGFWL-mode and back to OfficialGFWL. 😄

I noticed though, that I did not have the 'Players_Backup for GFWL configuration' folder in my own flight directory!?

Maybe that was the problem or then maybe not???

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

1 hour ago, eelis said:

I noticed though, that I did not have the 'Players_Backup for GFWL configuration' folder in my own flight directory!?

Maybe that was the problem or then maybe not??

No. This folder was made by me and I'm going to tell you why. I normally use Flight in NonGFWL mode so I can look for Aerocaches when they're available, etc. In this mode I copy and paste the information inside of "Players_Backup" folder to "Players" folder. But when I want to play multiplayer then I take the information inside the "Players_Backup for GFWL configuration" and copy and paste to "Players" folder. Doing this I haven't lost any career information any more. Remember to save the information inside of "Players" folder in the proper folder ("Players_Backup" for NonGFWL mode or "Players_Backup for GFWL coiguration" for GFWL mode) before  you make the change in the Addon Manager. The information that you'll have is mine but at your name (eelis). Every time you make a change be sure to delete the old information before paste the new one. Try this from the beginning again.

If have any questions just tell me.

I see, that's why I noticed my 'name' in the list. So I have to copy these every time I switch modes, ok.

I noticed also that now I have, thanks to you, all paint schemes available in NonGfWL-mode.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

12 hours ago, Segador77 said:

No. This folder was made by me and I'm going to tell you why. I normally use Flight in NonGFWL mode so I can look for Aerocaches when they're available, etc. In this mode I copy and paste the information inside of "Players_Backup" folder to "Players" folder. But when I want to play multiplayer then I take the information inside the "Players_Backup for GFWL configuration" and copy and paste to "Players" folder. Doing this I haven't lost any career information any more. Remember to save the information inside of "Players" folder in the proper folder ("Players_Backup" for NonGFWL mode or "Players_Backup for GFWL coiguration" for GFWL mode) before  you make the change in the Addon Manager. The information that you'll have is mine but at your name (eelis). Every time you make a change be sure to delete the old information before paste the new one. Try this from the beginning again.

If have any questions just tell me.

I'm a bit confused here, do you mean I should delete the contents of players folder before I copy contents of players_backup or players_backup for GFWL folders to players folder?...🤔

And all this before I switch modes in Flight tools?

-eelis-

Yes. In the "Players" folder MSFlight is going to save your career info and stats every time you finish playing. If you are going to start a new game in the same mode you don't have to make any changes, your new information it's still there. But if you're going to start a new game in a different mode, let's say from NonGFWL mode to GFWL mode, you must do this:

1 - Delete the old information in "Players_Backup" folder and copy and paste here the new information from "Players" folder (updated info).

2 - Delete the info in "Players" folder (It's already saved in "Players_Backup").

3 - Copy & paste the data in "Players_Backup for GFWL configuration" to "Players" folder. The data here in this folder is the last you saved the last time you played in GFWL mode. 

4 - In the Addon Manager tool change configuration from NonGFWL to OfficialGFWL (activate Alaska map fix if you haven't done yet).

5 - Flight would start now in GFWL mode and all your info must be there. There will be no World map but you can fly there anyway. 

If you're going to change from GFWL mode to NonGFWL mode then you have to start all over but remember to save the new data of "Players" in "Players_Backup for GFWL configuration". In other words, the data for NonGFWL and GFWL modes are different. If try to use them equally, you will lose your data. I hope this will help you and again if you any other question I'll try to help. 

• Like 1

I think I will have a hang on this eventually, ...I hope...😬

Thank you, Segador77!

-eelis-

Edited by eelis