Sign in to follow this  
frieone

Flight1 Mustang is available

As of about 10PM CDT the coupon was working. Bought the Mustang for $19.95 and installation was painless. Installs Navigraph 1807 I believe but I already updated to the current cycle.

Love it. A true classic in flight simming.

G1000 needs a better resolution. But then I say that about every plane I own. My eyes are getting old and I need cheaters.

Frame rates a a wee bit heavy but nothing that should break the deal. I limit FPS to 30 in P3d and usually meander between 27-30 in the Phenom100 and 300. Mustang waffled between 23-30 without any stutters.

No VNAV. FLC or VS only.

There is a red line on the speedtape going up from 250kts. I can't remember why that's there but maybe I did something wrong in preflight. Been a while and I have to bone up.

Flightplans are awkward to setup in a G1000. Much easier for me to load a flightplan thru P3D and just add any procedure during the flight.

If you allready own the Mustang it's only $20 to update it to P3Dv4, plus you get every other platform too (FSX, P3Dv2, etc) You'll kick yourself if you don't buy it. It's like the Realair Duke without propellers.

And being from Flight1, it comes with a money back for 30 days offer. Who else does that?

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

5 hours ago, frieone said:

I just installed and am not happy at the moment. frame rates are all over the place

Did this problem carry over to the P3D4 version?

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

As of about 10PM CDT the coupon was working. Bought the Mustang for $19.95 and installation was painless. Installs Navigraph 1807 I believe but I already updated to the current cycle.

Coupon still not working on my end.

Update: Ordered without coupon. Installed and performance is what I expected. Similar to FSX. It's actually better when one considers that DL is enabled. You can run without DL and the old fsx landing lights show up, but fps are about the same. It's a keeper!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Coupon still not working on my end.

Update: Ordered without coupon. Installed and performance is what I expected. Similar to FSX. It's actually better when one considers that DL is enabled. You can run without DL and the old fsx landing lights show up, but fps are about the same. It's a keeper!

My coupon is still not working as well. I noticed that even though the link on Flight1 indicates the coupon is for the FSX version, when I run the coupon in the wrapper, it's asking for a P3d order number. I do loathe that Flight1 wrapper setup!

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

57 minutes ago, mmcwill1 said:

My coupon is still not working as well. I noticed that even though the link on Flight1 indicates the coupon is for the FSX version, when I run the coupon in the wrapper, it's asking for a P3d order number. I do loathe that Flight1 wrapper setup!

My support ticked was answered. It looks like they have fixed the coupon issue. Last resort is to pay the full price and get a refund for difference. It's what Flight1 is doing for me.

5Iui8os.jpg

BTW, you can even play music, just like in FSX.

Edited by DJJose

12 hours ago, MindYerBeak said:

Did they update the VC and/or added Vnav ?

Looks like they've updated very little other than getting it working in P3D.  VC appears unchanged.  From the web page:

New Features Specific to P3Dv4:

Dynamic lighting for landing lights, beacons

Dimmable panel

Gauges compiled to 64-bit format

New for All Versions:

Added airways to the G1000 - ability to load airways and draw them

Other small improvements to the G1000, loading procedures

panel.cfg pop-ups now reflect 16:9 screen ratio

Kinda on the fence on this one.  I've been waiting for the release but was hoping for a more updated version.

Scott

Edit: The coupon specific to a previous purchase for FSX is not yet available.  Gives a 404 error when you click the link.

Edited by tttocs

They want the same money for fsx se to V2 as well ...$20 for what? lol 

It was already ready updated a while ago as v1 

ZORAN

Coupon is working fine this morning. The Mustang is working great. P3dV4.2. it is worth the upgrade price for sure.

Dave

I cannot purchase it. Redownloaded the installer twice but the "CLICK HERE FOR SECURE PURCHASE" is always ghosted even with two CCs tested.

EDIT: Somehow it's working now. Purchased 😃

Edited by Nuno Pinto

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Purchased this and the King Air for v4, both look great. 

Now we just need Eaglesoft to deliver the Challenger 605!

Regarding the max 250 IAS. The Mustang is a VLJ. It doesn't fly as fast a Small, Medium and Large Jets. VLJs cruise in between the speed of fast jetprops like TBMs/Cheyenne/King Airs and "Full" size corporate jets.

What really matters is the TAS/GS. 240 Indicated at 35K is a decent speed. Not Phenom 300 or Citation X Fast. But pretty good for a VLJ. The Mustang is comparable to the Phenom 100 or Honda Jet.

Ironically the older Lears are the same size as something like the Mustang but aren't VLJs as they cruise high and fast.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Cruise performance in their modified King Air 200B and Mustang are pretty close to each other, with the Mustang only being slightly faster. Been flying them both for years and still really enjoy them! Glad there both now compatible with P3D v4.

Cheers

Martin

Edited by MartinRex007

I'm having a small issue with the panel not lighting up. Anyone else? In other words, when you click the panel button only the back up instruments light up.

Please forgive me for it's been a while since I've flown the mustang. Are the over head lights supposed to light up the vc?

That's what I forgot. Everything else is peachy! 😀

2 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Cruise performance in their modified King Air 200B and Mustang are pretty close to each other, with the Mustang only being slightly faster. Been flying them both for years and still really enjoy them! Glad there both now compatible with P3D v4.

Cheers

Martin

I love their kingair but am having an odd issue where my fuel levers go to idle cutoff automatically.  I have no idea why but it happens every flight.  Approx 3-5 min into it.

Ok it's related to my PE client logon somehow... odd...  it's not the plane itself

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 8/29/2018 at 5:43 PM, frieone said:

I just installed and am not happy at the moment. frame rates are all over the place going from 110 down to 30 when in vc. So when i try to run in vr it goes from 45 down to 20 frame rate so it is not usable with my vive pro. when flying on screen it seems to be a stuttering mess will work on it some more but think the the panels are not optimized.

As for a reference in vr i can run all pmdg planes at single pass at 45 frame rates so it is not my computer.

8700k at 5000 mhz and a.1080 ti over clock.

Regards Ted Kiser

P.S. this has been one of my all time favorite   planes so i hope it can be fixed

When you need performance switch the G1000 map to a text only screen and see what that does for your FPS. I noticed I could program the G1000 on the ground and when I taxi switch to a text screen on the G1000 MFD instead of the map. That would give me back most of the lost FPS. Then when you are airborne and have plenty of room over your 30 FPS you can switch back to the map. 

The G1000 overall isn’t good in my opinion. I don’t think it’s been updated since 2010. No VNAV? And from what I was told when I brought up the FPS issues it’s a sync issue of some sort. Not a resource issue. Flight1 ignores it if you put anything on their boards about it. You can see the archives of people asking over the last 8 years or whatever. 

However, you can work around it just be aware it’s a problem. I flew the KingAir quite a bit and once I got used to switching the map I enjoyed it. 

Some users disabled their PFD to gain a few fps.

"Open the panel.cfg in notepad

Scroll down to:

//--------------------------------------------------------?[Vcockpit03]
?Background_color=0,0,0
visible=0?
size_mm=2048,2048?pixel_size=2048,2048
?texture=$mustang_VCP

//gauge00=Flight1_GarminG1000_510!GDU1040,  270,864,1738,1164,PFD.VC.0.120.  <-----  comment out?by adding // in front of the gauge entry

gauge01=flight1_mustang!mustang_panel_mngr,  66,866,140,1157
gauge02=Flight1_GarminG1000_510!GMC710,  520,543,1491,258?
gauge03=flight1_mustang!g1000pfd_large,  60,60,188,747?
gauge04=flight1_mustang!g1000mfd_large,  284,60,188,747?
gauge05=flight1_mustang!toggle_panel_mngr,  511,63,411,447

Save the panel cfg

You can also turn off the PFD inset in the pilots readout and it will further help."

I've chosen to lower my setting a little bit without compromising my visuals and it's working well on my system.