Sign in to follow this  
frieone

Flight1 Mustang is available

Questions:

-AIRAC compatible?

-panel states (or starts in cold and dark state)?

This or another business jet for v4?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

13 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

When you need performance switch the G1000 map to a text only screen and see what that does for your FPS. I noticed I could program the G1000 on the ground and when I taxi switch to a text screen on the G1000 MFD instead of the map. That would give me back most of the lost FPS. Then when you are airborne and have plenty of room over your 30 FPS you can switch back to the map. 

The G1000 overall isn’t good in my opinion. I don’t think it’s been updated since 2010. No VNAV? And from what I was told when I brought up the FPS issues it’s a sync issue of some sort. Not a resource issue. Flight1 ignores it if you put anything on their boards about it. You can see the archives of people asking over the last 8 years or whatever. 

However, you can work around it just be aware it’s a problem. I flew the KingAir quite a bit and once I got used to switching the map I enjoyed it. 

I feel like in 2018 we shouldn't be having to resort to tricks to get acceptable performance from a barebones G1000 rendition. Pretty disappointing. $20 is cheap but it sounds like it's not worth the time, at least for me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Twenty6

What you said made a lot of seance. iI tried what you were telling me to do and the lag spikes got a lot better. Still not enough to fly in virtual reality as that is the way i do most of my flying.

The bigets problem with lag spikes is that you will get misted frames and when that happens in vr you get a stutter with enough stutters you will get very sick as in motion sickness.

I can fly in fsx-se with flyinside so i ma have to fly it like that when i feel like flying this plane.

Thanks Ted Kiser

pc specs

8700k oc 5000

1080 ti oc 2012

Htc vive pro

1 hour ago, otreblA said:

Questions:

-AIRAC compatible?

-panel states (or starts in cold and dark state)?

This or another business jet for v4?

Yes.

POH page 11. Manually shut down all of the aircraft systems and Save the Scenario as 'Cold and Dark.'

?? Up to you. If you liked the Mustang before, you'll like it now.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Its the same in the B200 which I just purchased a few days back. I thought that the recompile and update for v4 would help with the reported G1000 issues over the years but apparently not. Its a shame as the overall impression of the King Air is very good but the rhythmic stutter drives me mad.

I have turned off the co-pilot PFD, got rid of the obstacle database etc.

The only advice I got from F1 support was to turn down P3D settings which is quite funny really as it makes no difference at all! You can set P3d as low as you like but the stutter from the G1000 still remains.

If you hit the battery switch off and the G1000 switches off the stutter goes away completely so its definitely in the gauge.

I really want to like it but I'm hovering on the refund option right now.

Notice in the video I am on a text screen and I get 80+ FPS then watch when I switch to the map and get 47 FPS (Counter is in lower right each time I pan over).

If you go to this screen in the Mustang as opposed to the map I bet you get a similar bounce in FPS.  It’s only when a map is displayed do you get the huge drop  

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I feel like in 2018 we shouldn't be having to resort to tricks to get acceptable performance from a barebones G1000 rendition. Pretty disappointing. $20 is cheap but it sounds like it's not worth the time, at least for me. 

Are you serious?! The Flight1 G1000 is by far the most complex and comprehensive rendition of the Garmin G1000 that is available for FSX/P3D.  

• Like 2

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

1 hour ago, Tim-HH said:

The Flight1 G1000 is by far the most complex and comprehensive rendition of the Garmin G1000 that is available for FSX/P3D.  

+1

Even after pages of proof that simmers need to lock their frames for best  performance in P3d v4, some users still will not do it.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

+1

Even after pages of proof that simmers need to lock their frames for best  performance in P3d v4, some users still will not do it.

My fps is locked in sim at 30. It makes no difference with the g1000 gauge. None of the settings in p3d do either. You can set all to min and it’s still visible

Tne only thing that stops the rhythmic stutter is switching off the g1000. I have yet to try the option noted above about no map screen. 

I wiil say that switching to unlimited is a handy way of identifying the stutter. Its easy to see the rhythm of it then. 

Edited by GHarrall

It would make no sense that the A320, 777, and 737 aircraft can run with all their advanced avionics better than the Flight1 G1000. What is so complex about it? It has like 4-5 screens and a moving map.  It doesn’t display much in the realm of complicated real time data. 

The point is the very specific way you can show the issue and the commonality of it if you test for it. If you flipped on the dome light in the PMDG 747 and the frames dropped by 35+ and it stuttered instantly you wouldn’t just blame overall performance.

Just give us the option to change the map refresh rate.  Something you can do with displays in all other high end addons. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The dev is going to look into the obstacle bug.

14 hours ago, GHarrall said:

My fps is locked in sim at 30. It makes no difference with the g1000 gauge. None of the settings in p3d do either. You can set all to min and it’s still visible

Tne only thing that stops the rhythmic stutter is switching off the g1000. I have yet to try the option noted above about no map screen. 

I wiil say that switching to unlimited is a handy way of identifying the stutter. Its easy to see the rhythm of it then. 

I had to lock my fps at 40 to get smooth panning. FPS in some areas are still low. This is very likely the result of too many objects displayed on the G1000. Maybe the dev can give us the option to disable the objects in certain cities. In most big cities I'm smooth, even at 20fps.

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

I had to lock my fps at 40 to get smooth panning. FPS in some areas are still low. This is very likely the result of too many objects displayed on the G1000. Maybe the dev can give us the option to disable the objects in certain cities. In most big cities I'm smooth, even at 20fps.

If you would have read my post here and on flight1 locking frame rates is not an option. As my computer is built around using virtual realty.

If i can not get 70 fps or more then the plane will not work for me as you have to have 40 to 45 fps on single pass vr.

I use high settings.

pdgm 737 75 fps

777 80 fps

extreme prototype lear 25  80 fps 

phenom 100 90 fps

The biggest problem with flight1 Cessna is that when it is lag spiking fps drops frome 45 down to 20, when that happens you get missing frames and enough of those will make you very sick in a short amount of time.

So i  could lock fps and fly on screen but that is not what i wont to do.

Regards Ted Kiser 

55 minutes ago, frieone said:

If you would have read my post here and on flight1 locking frame rates is not an option. As my computer is built around using virtual realty.

If i can not get 70 fps or more then the plane will not work for me as you have to have 40 to 45 fps on single pass vr.

I think that maybe if you would have read his post, you would have seen that it was not directed to you or in reference to your unique set of operating conditions, but rather as part of the more general discussion of this issue.

The F1 Mustang's G1000 has always been performance intensive on the non-VR systems it was designed for.  I would suspect that getting it to perform to the level needed in a VR environment with current hardware is going to be a real uphill climb.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

7 hours ago, w6kd said:

The F1 Mustang's G1000 has always been performance intensive

This is a myth!  Turn your G1000 off in the plane and tell me if you see any of your CPU or GPU resources being used less.  They won't be. 

As I was told by people smarter than me on this issues when I showed them the video...."The 2D moving map requires continuous updates. Other addon vendors have settings to reduce update rate on these kinds of displays like PMDG 737 and Majestic Q400 for this very reason.  To be clear it's not because of increased GPU or CPU usage but the syncing of the framerates of the display."

It's not a resource issue.  Never has been.  This myth just keeps being thrown out there that they created some super avionics back in 2010 that today's modern hardware needs 50% of its system resources to run it.