Sign in to follow this  
frieone

Flight1 Mustang is available

11 hours ago, frieone said:

If you would have read my post here and on flight1 locking frame rates is not an option. As my computer is built around using virtual realty.

If i can not get 70 fps or more then the plane will not work for me as you have to have 40 to 45 fps on single pass vr.

I use high settings.

pdgm 737 75 fps

777 80 fps

extreme prototype lear 25  80 fps 

phenom 100 90 fps

The biggest problem with flight1 Cessna is that when it is lag spiking fps drops frome 45 down to 20, when that happens you get missing frames and enough of those will make you very sick in a short amount of time.

So i  could lock fps and fly on screen but that is not what i wont to do.

Regards Ted Kiser 

Thanks for the info on VR. I disagree on fps for single pass you don't need 45FPS unless you are running ASW. If you set the display settings to vsync on unlimited and ASW off, P3D syncs VR in multiples of 90. So if it can't get 90/2=45 it will drop to 90/3=30 and if can't get that it will drop to 90/4=22.5. For me in busy airports the phenom 100 will drop FPS to 90/4 or 22.5fps but it still is smooth.

Agree, the spiking in FPS would be a problem.

1 hour ago, glider1 said:

Thanks for the info on VR. I disagree on fps for single pass you don't need 45FPS unless you are running ASW. If you set the display settings to vsync on unlimited and ASW off, P3D syncs VR in multiples of 90. So if it can't get 90/2=45 it will drop to 90/3=30 and if can't get that it will drop to 90/4=22.5. For me in busy airports the phenom 100 will drop FPS to 90/4 or 22.5fps but it still is smooth.

Agree, the spiking in FPS would be a problem.

That is not true with the new beta drivers for steam vr and newest video drivers. With my vive pro i am seeing fps at as low as 60 translate to 45 do not know how they are doing that. Still working on understanding how it is working. It has some thing to do with not using asw as that is not an option any more. They have gone to an automated mode. I am not on that computer at the moment so i cant look at the graph  

As for the Cessna the biggest problem I have with it is the missing frames as that will make you sick.

Regards Ted Kiser

After 3 or 4 flights with it i'm very very disappointed. The jerkiness is much worse than the initial release of FSL320's and look at my hardware, everything runs buttersmooth except this tiny little thing,

Considering a refund.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

39 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

After 3 or 4 flights with it i'm very very disappointed. The jerkiness is much worse than the initial release of FSL320's and look at my hardware, everything runs buttersmooth except this tiny little thing,

Considering a refund.

Wow! Thanks for the info, I'll wait.

Dirk.

3 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Wow! Thanks for the info, I'll wait.

Dirk.

You'll be waiting a long time. 😀

On my pathetic i7 2600K/970 combo & 1080P monitor, I saw smooth performance between 20 & 30fps. Just upgraded to a GTX1070 and results are the same except that now I can run at 4XSSAA instead of 2XSSAA . If you ever tried the FSX version and fell in love with it, there's no need to wait to try it in v4.

F1 offers a 30 day money back guarantee!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

16 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

This is a myth!  Turn your G1000 off in the plane and tell me if you see any of your CPU or GPU resources being used less.  They won't be. 

As I was told by people smarter than me on this issues when I showed them the video...."The 2D moving map requires continuous updates. Other addon vendors have settings to reduce update rate on these kinds of displays like PMDG 737 and Majestic Q400 for this very reason.  To be clear it's not because of increased GPU or CPU usage but the syncing of the framerates of the display."

It's not a resource issue.  Never has been.  This myth just keeps being thrown out there that they created some super avionics back in 2010 that today's modern hardware needs 50% of its system resources to run it. 

Baloney.  As a guy that actually writes gauge software, I'll tell you straight up that no, the reality of the performance demands of this G1000 is not a "myth."

Turning off the G1000 in the sim may or may not stop the background calculations needed to produce the display graphics...it depends on how that's coded.  So that's not a deterministic test of workload.  I remember that some FSX users did turn off the FP display on the Mustang and there is a performance bump from not having to render that complex display in the sim.

You keep throwing out the PMDG and Majestic gauges as a counter example without, apparently, understanding that the G1000 display is packed with a lot more information than the DU's on a Boeing or Dehavilland display unit.  Airspace boundaries, obstacles, roads, lakes/rivers and that in addition to all the baseline stuff like route, navaids, CDI, terrain, traffic etc.  All of that has to be overlaid in 3D on a mesh so that it can be rendered from any angle and with proper lighting effects.  The larger size of the G1000 display area adds to the performance demands.    The real G1000 has several CPUs of its own to run it, as opposed to being part of a panel, running it as a simulation within a simulation in P3D/FSX where the available processor throughput has to be shared to also keep up with the heavy workload of rendering the rest of the 3D world, modelling the physics of the aircraft and its environment etc.

If it's such a "myth" that reproducing a full-featured G1000 is processor intensive and/or hard to do well, show us then, please, where somebody else has done it better.  Pretty much all of the other G1000 panels I've seen in FSX/P3D add-ons are just a custom frame placed around the same-o default moving map or a very basic partial simulation of the avionics.

Regards

• Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

11 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Don't see roads, airspace boundaries, terrain relief...

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Sorry to take the discussion away from the G1000 but the coupon does not work for me.Followed the steps and after I select the coupon I get a message saying it is "not valid for this transaction".  Tried a support ticket but got only a caned response listing the steps I had already followed and told them I followed.  No useful information.  I really liked the mustang in FSX but it is not worth $39 to run it in P3Dv4 after already purchasing it.  anyone have any ideas to solve this?

It may be of interest to watch a video by 'SimCaesar' on youtube. I don't have the Flight1 Mustang so I can't comment  on the solution.  so if you search for 'Flight1 Citation Stuttering Problem solved'

bob

12 hours ago, keeska said:

Sorry to take the discussion away from the G1000 but the coupon does not work for me.Followed the steps and after I select the coupon I get a message saying it is "not valid for this transaction".  Tried a support ticket but got only a caned response listing the steps I had already followed and told them I followed.  No useful information.  I really liked the mustang in FSX but it is not worth $39 to run it in P3Dv4 after already purchasing it.  anyone have any ideas to solve this?

There are four different coupons, did you take a the right one? One of them worked fine for me.  Flight1 support has your registration on file, so they should tell you which one.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

5 hours ago, onebob said:

It may be of interest to watch a video by 'SimCaesar'

Yes, it's posted on Page 2.

I bought the FSX mustang by downloading from the Flight1 web site and using the e-commerce wrapper to actually pay for it.  Just for fun I tried the FSX 3rd party coupon and got a message saying my order wasn't found.  I used the order number and code shown for my original order in the my orders area of the Flight1 web site.

I'm not a fan.  Regardless of this implementation I would rather fly the RA Lancair V2.  If the Cessna had better range and speed (and the F1 GTN 750) it would be a different story.

Cheers
bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

This is one of my favorite GA aircraft from F1.

The only issue I have is, I am still on P3D V4.0

:)

I have no interest to patch it up ....at this stage.. not sure if it will work with 4.0

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter