Sign in to follow this  
frieone

Flight1 Mustang is available

Thank you to Flight1 support.  The upgrade coupon problem has been resolved.

I miss the small personal/business jets I had in FSX.  Now I've got one of them back in P3Dv4. 🙂

Looking for others.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:37 AM, w6kd said:

Baloney.  As a guy that actually writes gauge software, I'll tell you straight up that no, the reality of the performance demands of this G1000 is not a "myth."

https://fselite.net/previews/vertx-flight-simulation-announces-diamond-da62-for-p3d-v4/

Another G1000 coming for you and I am willing to bet it’s better than Flight1’s gauge on performance with more features.

TBD for sure at this point but this can help expose Flight1’s G1000 for the repackaged terribly performing never updated v4 money grab garbage that is and not the program impossible super computer you all try to make it. 

Edited by TravelRunner404
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Might be.  Also might not be.  Could also be more like the Carenado version, which I think most find severely underwhelming.

Sean Maloney is a talented guy...but he's never, to my knowledge, done an integrated glass display system like this before.  Carenado makes really nice looking models--their forte--but their flight dynamics and avionics do not reflect the same kind of expertise as their modelling.  We've seen a number of add-on makers go from success with relatively simple analog panels to falling on their faces when trying to tackle advanced complex integrated avionics suites.  I do hope Sean can pull it off, but experience says many other talented guys have met their match trying to do this right.

We'll see when it releases...

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

For anyone unaware..... turning off the map display will improve performance, and then get a Skydemon subscription for your tablet. Get everything in that !

4 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

For anyone unaware..... turning off the map display will improve performance, and then get a Skydemon subscription for your tablet. Get everything in that !

Skydemon looks really interesting.  How does it connect to the simulator?  I would assume both P3D and X-Plane would be supported?

Yes indeed. I use Navigraph at 10 quid a month and SD is about the same.

SD is mainly designed for VFR but it shows airways too, and lots of approach plates which it overlays.

I got it ONLY so I could monitor my aircraft from the lounge as my sim is the other room.... but fell in love with it.

Between SD, Navigraph and LittleNavMap, and Simbrief, you have everything you could need. The portability of SD is its selling point for me, but you can run it on a second PC if you want a bigger screen or don't have a tablet.

So, in answer to your question, there a couple of freeware apps that will connect SD to your sim... but I found it easiest tp pay 10 bucks (one off) for Xmapsy v2 from Simmarket. When you hit Go Flying, you see the X Plane option or real GPS location option. It is actually made for RW flying ! Trust me, every time you enter an airspace you get a warning and it tells you who to contact and the radio frequencies ! Mental.

And it shows Ai traffic and weather etc.

So it works just like WideFS or Simconnect. You run the Xmapsy app on your client PC... put in your tablet or PC IP address, and it sends your position to the SD app. Simples.

Best thing is.... you get a free trial for 30 days (per email address... uhhummm !).

And like Navigraph, you can cancel any time.

You will need a pretty decent tablet as it does tend to take its time loading a lot of information.

As it is vector based, each time you zoom in or out, or move position, it re-draws everything. Detail levels change with zoom, and can be configured. So if you only want it to show hazards, plus or minus 3 or 5000 (or whatever) feet above and below, you get that. Airspace can be enabled ...or not. Very rich program.

Given its used by real pilots, you can imagine it has everything imaginable.... even tells you if you are heading towards a phone mast, or an area being used by gliders (updated by RW Notams!)

Clicking on the Info balloon for an airport gives you all the free charts available... together with metars and tafs...and there are a lot. This can all be printed to a pdf file as a Pilot Briefing, which then has all the details you need for the flight... both in horizontal and vertical profile. Adjusting your flightplan by dragging, like in a GTN, shows immediately, so you avoid airspaces or mountains.... which you would do in the real world.

I got flashed all the time over the weekend, as I was flying in Norway, and there were miltary exercises.... so a massive red flashing signal came up saying Danger... live ammunition and missiles in the area !

Up to date notams, weather, and notifications when you are exceeding vfr restrictions are quite unique. So if you are about to enter an area where the latest metar is reporting 1000ft cloud bases.... you will be warned. So it very much geared toward vfr, but can easily be used for ifr as well.

Type and number of charts, depend on country and airports.... UK and Europe is what it is mainly for, but US coverage is decent, especially if used together with Navigraph charts.

Just Try it !

Edited by Gabe777

Anyone tried running this in P3D v4.0

Yes.. I said V4.0

:)

anyone?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

One questions. How does it run after some updates? 

Best Regards

Edited by jomcci

On 1/13/2019 at 10:56 AM, jomcci said:

One questions. How does it run after some updates? 

Best Regards

I'm now actually getting even worse performance.

I've parked it and given up. No more G1000 rendition planes from F1 or Carenado for me, ever.  I may try the Vertx Da62 though. I hear good things.

I purchased it once and returned it, FPS was awful for what it it. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for the Feedback. I‘ll skip that one. 

You‘ll be happy with the Vertx. It runs very very smooth and looks absolutely beautiful. 

I just flew the Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang today in P3D v4.4 and had a wonderful flight.  A delight to hand fly.   

Yes, there is a problem/issue that will result in terrible performance but the work around is pretty easy and acceptable for me.  In certain areas the high number of obstacles in the G1000 database will bring performance to a crawl.  The video link will describe the problem and workaround.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utlpkk0R5As

• Like 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Just remove the obstacles from the G1000 display. I never had them displayed, and framerates (even in FSX on my old Q9550 powered system) were perfectly fine.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png