Sign in to follow this  
drnicolas

Firmware for RXP GNS430W V2 available?

I have purchased the RXP GNS430W V2 for Xplane.

That works and I have managed to have a  recent database.

Fine.

The problem is: My RXP GNS430W does not want to fly LPV apporaches.

I guess, this is due to the firmware version the GNS trainer uses. It says 3.30 for the MAIN Software and something 2.x for the GPS.

Is there any way to update the Main SOftware  to a version which is LPV capable? I think, the latest software is 5.30 or above. At least my real metal GNS430W has this and his definitley capable of LPV.

Greetings Nico

Hi Nico,

The GNS V2 as-is is certainly capable of flying LPV approaches. Please makes sure to search for similar posts in the forum in order to review your settings. You might want to cross-check with a standard X-Plane aircraft as well.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I searched a little around. AFAIk most other posters have the problem that the glideslope is not showing up, which may be ap problem of the HSI/CDI.

But I do not even see "LPV" in GNS display.

From my real life GNS430W, I know that normally the GNS430W shows "LPV" and keeps displaying LPV as long as the check criterias for LPV are fulfilled. Otherwise it downgrades to LNAV.

Is there anythong specific I have to configure?

Hi,

SW 4.01 added support for WAAS LPV approaches with 3-digit approach identifiers.

Is this what you are referring to?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Nico,

Here's a pic from my setup showing the LPV displayed. I'm flying the RNAV 21 into Flagstaff, AZ KFLG. I'm running the latest version of RXP for the GNS430 with the latest Nav Data from Garmin loaded. I'm flying the Carenado Bonanza V35, but it works the same on the 172SP that comes with X-Plane.

What plane are you flying? - Mark

LPV%20View.jpg

• Upvote 1

AFAIK the RXP GPS uses the original Garmin SImulator.  And this one shows me 3.30 and 2.x for the GPS-Software. The aviation database is more or less current ( from 2018)

My real aircraft GNS430W has 5.30.

So ,i had the idea that there is a simple file which has the firmware inside.

I tried EDVK and EDFH. All of these airports definitely have LPV approaches (at least this morning 🙂

I was using the C172SP

Edited by drnicolas

@markyharris: Can you tell me what firmware version is reported when your GNS is powered up?

I have another standalone GNS430 Trainer which has even older firmware reporting (3.00). This was directly downloaded from Garmin website.

@RXP: Is this firmware available for the RealityXP GNS430 or does your information belong to the bare-metal GNS430W ?

@drnicolas the information is for the real GNS, otherwise, the simulated version is 3.3.