Sign in to follow this  
cjprusso

FMC frozen when enter wind info on legs screen ... pmdg 737 ngx exp

i did fresh install a p3d 4.3, then a pmdg ngx base 8900 and ngx expansion 6700 , both at versión v1.20.8465 … a pmdg 777200lrf base versión 1.10.8448 … when the install process run the Operations Center it inform there are updates for ngx base and for ngx 777 base … 

I did both updates … from then … the Operations Center report that  ngx base is versión 1.20.8885, ngx expansion at versión 1.20.8465 and 777lrf base at versión 1.10.8886 … 

When i run any of ngx base airplanes and the 777 base , both at this versions reported by Op.Center … all Works ok , … but ...

when i did a flight with a 777 ngx 600 expansión and i Will try to enter the wind information on every waypoint on the flight plan are able to modify … after two or three changes  (and not always the same number of changes) , the FMC freeze , remains indicating it wait and ok for update the information … but, , nothing happend … if i did left this screen and back to fmc leg initial screen and enter into the wind change information screen … there is no more information available except the waypoint names … 

The only solutions i find was did not the ngx base update, so the base and expansions remains in versión 1.20.8465 …. then the 737 600 , 737 800 ngx both Works ok when i did the update wind information … 

Someone had the same issue? … or did open a support ticket? … 

thanks in advance 

Carlos Prusso

5 hours ago, cjprusso said:

when i did a flight with a 777 ngx 600 expansión and i Will try to enter the wind information on every waypoint on the flight plan are able to modify … after two or three changes  (and not always the same number of changes) , the FMC freeze , remains indicating it wait and ok for update the information … but, , nothing happend

I think you mean a 737 NGX 600 expansion (B736).  Sweet airplane, I fly mine all the time.

Something in the back of my memory recalls that there is a know FMC problem with LEGs wind entries but I do not recall the details.  You are welcome to submit a trouble ticket with the steps required to duplicate the problem (the details of the installation and updates or not relevant, only that you have current versions).

When I fly the NGX I will always enter the average winds on the PERF page during preflight, I get that value from Active Sky after it has the flight plan loaded.  This average works out well enough on short trips (< 3hr) but long trips I will go ahead and enter segment winds on the LEGS page while enroute.  This has never resulted in a problem for me and it avoids the "I think it's known" bug you describe.

Dan Downs KCRP

Don't laugh, but I had this too. Whilst uploading winds shortly after top of climb out of LBA enroute to DLM. Got about a page and a half into it and the CDU (not the FMC) froze up completely. Nothing we did could get it up, but selecting another page showed it still indicating and receiving information from the on side FMC and also inputs from other CDU showed on some pages.

On reaching DLM, the engineers re-racked the CDU, then swapped it to the other side and it remained blank and refused to work at all. Very strange. Weird flying with only one, good job the F/O was another experienced Captain.

So, known bug or well modelled known bug on the real unit perhaps?

• Like 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Yes Dan, I did take the waypoint winds from Active Sky information … y yes , always flights 2 hours less …. 

The weird issue is, that occurs after apply the update of the Ngx base from versión v1.20.8465 to versión 1.20.8885 , … ngx expansión , so speaking 737-600 , remains at the old versión v1.20.8465 …. 

So it's occurs only after Operations Center did the update to new versión 1.20.8885 on Ngx Base, the Ngx expansion remains on the old versión 1.20.8465 ….  if i did the installl and do not apply the update 1.20.8885 to the Ngx Base , the 737-600 expansión Works ok … 

Another comment i did not told, it's that i Will try to backup to the f/O fmc to see if it's working and the same behavior occurring … 

Will try to report this issue to support …. 

tks in advance … Carlos …