Sign in to follow this  
candid

xpuipc problem

Have just installed in xplane 11  p2atc and the required xpuipc ver.2.0.5.9, edited the ini file with my ip address and installed as required.

however on xplane startup iam  informed the ip address is wrong no nic with this address found,xpuipc is showing in the plugins why is it needed?, 

for p2atc                                   puzzled ,frank cann

try running ipconfig.exe. Look for the line "IPv4 Address"  That is the IP that xpuipc is looking for.

Do you have a static or dynamic IP?

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Normally the localhost IP 127.0.0.1 should work.

Now comes the odd part: If the message still occurs, you can increase the 1, restart X-Plane and repeat until it goes away. I don't know why and in which thread I read that trick, but when I was using XPUIP, I had to use 127.0.0.3 for the message to disappear.

13 hours ago, monica6211 said:

try running ipconfig.exe. Look for the line "IPv4 Address"  That is the IP that xpuipc is looking for.

many thanks for the suggestion ,it still does not work for me

regards frank cann

Edited by candid
omitted name

5 hours ago, mgeiss said:

Normally the localhost IP 127.0.0.1 should work.

Now comes the odd part: If the message still occurs, you can increase the 1, restart X-Plane and repeat until it goes away. I don't know why and in which thread I read that trick, but when I was using XPUIP, I had to use 127.0.0.3 for the message to disappear.

many thanks ,

I am a simple flight simmer i follow the read me and expect the program to work, maybe for others but not for me .i am  not annoyed with you or your reply, but iam annoyed that pilot2atc will not run because i cannot install a required program easily,

regards frank cann

I am a newbie to X-Plane 11 and only have about 4 or 5 months experience using it. I'm a bit of an old guy but I still have a lot of patience and want to get to the bottom of these niggling problems. 

First I have Pilot2ATC successfully installed on the same computer as XP11.  By scouring the web I found a download for XPUIPC.  The XP11 XPUIPC web page is still not up and running as of date of this post, so this is a problem for many flight simmers in itself.  This Plugin is essential to get commuication between the sim and P2ATC working. All the advice given stresses that your IP address needs to be edited into the XPUIPC config file and saved.  Then startup your sim and hey presto everything works as it should. Go to your plugins menue and convince yourself XPUIPC is there.

OK as I said everything works for me. But! guess what? recently I  now have a XPUIPC alert message on start up  saying 'Wrong IP address  xxx.xxx.x.xx (my IP address not revealed) No NIC with this address found'. (For the uninitiated NIC stands for Network Interface Card). I have searched the forums but always get the same answers as to how to resolve this issue. Which is as per the paragraph above. There might be an issue with Firewall protection. But I am not finding that easy to solve.  Any comments would be appreciated.

I do not us P2AC, but have XPUIPC installed for another program, and have had the same issue you are having. Putting in the IP next to the IPv4 address worked for me. BUT, that was when my IP address remained static. A few months ago, for some unknown reason, my IP address no longer remains static. So now, each day before I start XP, I have to run IPConfig to check my IP address, which for me keeps switching between 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.16

Are you on a wifi connection? If you are would that be a reason for you having a dynamic IP address. I don't know, my knowledge is limited on this.

Anyway having checked what your IP address is before you start XP 11 does that get rid of the alert message?

I am networked with two computers on ethernet. I can successfully ping each computer.

My objective is to run P2ATC on my client computer.  My IP address is static but I am still getting this annoying alert message for what reason I do not know. I do not wan't to advance further with my objective until I understand what is causing these alert messages.