Sign in to follow this  
BBQSteve

No Data Stream from Real Traffic

Startup is erratic, sometimes traffic, sometimes not. Just re-installed P3Dv4 Client and awaiting startup. Traffic running ok for now. Have Error 81 too many liveries that could not be created, using FLAI. ????

Then the FLAI liveries are not correctly installed in P3DV4. They miss activation. See the FAQ, see also the Manual section error messages.

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

And now, it has decided to run again. What is the startup procedure? psx first or RT?

What you want, there is no specific sequence. You can even start them before P3DV4.

Just wondering if there was a specific startup sequence, that's all. I have read your manual, a couple of times, but nothing that covers my questions or problems I am having. The FLAI files are correctly installed and I have sent them the problems with aircraft in the log files.

Installing and activating AI aircraft is 'out of scope' for PSXseeconTraffic. I give no instructions for how to do that. There are other sources.

The Quick Start Guide (just 1 page) gives an (example)  sequence.

I have recompiled 11.3 with a better Error message (instead of the exception message in the log). Please re-download and install 11.3

I don't need instruction on AI. This program is inconsistant on my computer for some reason. I load no go, i load go, repeat, repeat. repeat. It has to be my system, but what?

Well again it has started and running ok. For now it seems if I have multiple programs using simconnect at the same time and start traffic last it does not work. Can't prove it, but just downloaded 13.1 new and it is working. Guess that new error message worked.

Edited by BBQSteve

Ok, it stopped working again. Now, I guess you made changes not only to the error message, but to the program that now ends the program if it thinks the sim stopped. I am sitting here looking at my sim run, start psx and it comes up, lists my sim and the aircraft, then kills the program saying "flight simulator disappeared." Where did it go? Looks good to me, flies good to me and all that. PSX does not think so. All of my other programs think the sim is running. SPAD is changing my instrument readings, Little NAVMAP is showing my airplane moving (on a remote computer at that), Active Sky 4 is reporting my weather along the way, JoinFS is working fine, what's wrong with PSX? 

Now what?

http://prntscr.com/kph7nt

Edited by BBQSteve

Well I guess you gave up, but I didn't. I think you have a user aircraft issue. I can load most of the default and some of the more popular publisher aircraft and so fax PSX loads fine. I load a freeware aircraft, the Beechcraft D18S by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers, or the avatar Bob and it will not start. Before you tell me avatars are not allowed, I know, I read it in the manual too, but I needed a comparison. 

What prevents loading in my sim:

Beechcraft D18S Shupe

B17F Aeroplane Heaven

submersible

submarine ohio class

I didn't give up, but I have more responsibilities then supporting a free program.

Will give it some thought tomorrow.

Now it is almost time to go to sleep over here in The Netherlands...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

For now it seems if I have multiple programs using simconnect at the same time and start traffic last it does not work. 

Do'n't think that's the issue. PSXseeconTraffic64 communicates with the 64 bit SimConnect server in P3Dv4 directly. 

14 hours ago, BBQSteve said:

Well I guess you gave up, but I didn't. I think you have a user aircraft issue. I can load most of the default and some of the more popular publisher aircraft and so fax PSX loads fine. I load a freeware aircraft, the Beechcraft D18S by Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers, or the avatar Bob and it will not start. Before you tell me avatars are not allowed, I know, I read it in the manual too, but I needed a comparison. 

What prevents loading in my sim:

Beechcraft D18S Shupe

B17F Aeroplane Heaven

submersible

submarine ohio class

You're  supposed to select aircraft as vehicle only. My program 'crashed' upon these submarines. Now fixed in version 11.4. Thx for testing!

Don't know why you got this problem too with Milton's Beechcraft. Cannot test it over here. I'm curious what version 11.4 will tell. I guess it will give error 73. If so there must me something missing in the aircraft.cfg file of that Beechcraft. It should have these lines in the [General] section:

atc_model=BE58   (or whatever ICAO type)
Category=airplane

Must have been "atc_model=BE58 " because when I added it all worked. "Category=airplane" was already there.

Guess we chalk this one up as solved! Thanks for your assistance and the great freeware software!

Edited by BBQSteve