Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

Step Descent

Hi Everyone

I have never quite been able to get this right and hope someone can enlighten me.  

I am about to take a Q NAT track eastbound and the altitudes available are FL320 then 360, 370 etc.

At my weight I am currently approaching at FL330 and max alt currently is FL348.  What I have done is programmed a step at my oceanic entry point of FL320S at M0.83 to follow the available altitudes of the NAT track. 

The problem is that when I get to the oceanic exit I want to climb up to my optimal altitude for my weight.  I programmed another step back to ECON/FL330 however the altitudes following immediately after my programmed step climb remain at FL320 (it is not accepting my FL330 step after a small descent in the oceanic routing).

Does anyone have any idea how it make it honour the step climb back to FL330?

Many thanks

Tim Carter

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

The step back to FL330 should be "ECON/FL330S"

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 9/1/2018 at 7:17 PM, downscc said:

The step back to FL330 should be "ECON/FL330S"

Using the right LSK instead of a speed you just write ECON? 

6 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Using the right LSK instead of a speed you just write ECON? 

Yeah "ECON/", I think it has to be spelled out but the FCOM says E/ works.  The NGX accepts an E/ for ECON/.  For 777 see FCOM 11.42.28 and note you can also terminate a constant speed cruise segment with LRC or RTA.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

On 9/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, downscc said:

Yeah "ECON/", I think it has to be spelled out but the FCOM says E/ works.  The NGX accepts an E/ for ECON/. 

Yes the T7 FMC accepts both the E/ and the ECON/. The one on the 747 doesn't, only the ECON/.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.