Sign in to follow this  
RedArmyGooner

ORBX issues

Hi all

I was hoping if someone could shed some light on a problem I am having. This morning whilst firing up my sim, I was greeted with the dreaded 'generating scenery files index' freeze on 88% after installing ESSA. I uninstalled and of course the problem persisted. I used an addon organiser which showed me two folders that had incorrect paths. These two folders were FTXAU38_CUSTOM and FTXAU48_CUSTOM located in the FTX_AU folder which is located in the main ORBX folder (I do not own ORBX Australia and I can't remember if this folder is part of ORBX Libraries or FTX Global). Now I am not the smartest guy in the world when it comes to fixing issues with Prepar3d or addons, therefore I just disabled those two folders. I started up my simulator again and it began working again.

However whilst troubleshooting I noticed that my FTX Global folder is completely empty, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this issue, as well as the two FTX_AU folders and if any other folders would be comprimised or missing scenery.

I use a symbolic link for ORBX as well as words not allowed base and vector. For ORBX, I currently have FTX Global (empty), FTX Vector, Europe Open LC, North America Open LC, FTX England, FTX Germany South, KSAN and LOWI installed.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Omar  

Yikes, maybe look in your Event Log for hard disk errors?  Sounds like one of the things that happens when a disk starts failing... 😞

• Upvote 1

I have yes. Not heard back yet but I can be patient. 

Also worth noting that I fixed the two folder paths with a simple force migration. FTX Global is still empty though. 

Are you looking in the P3Dv4/Orbx/FTX_Global folder? If so, I just looked in mine, and all I have in it is some of the freeware airports Orbx offers (like the freeware global airport package).

I believe FTX Global overwrites and replaces the default scenery files stored in the Scenery/World folders. I don't think the FTX Global scenery files are otherwise stored in P3Dv4, including in the Orbx folder. So there may be nothing wrong with your FTX Global install. 

How does the scenery load and look when you take a flight? Does anything appear out of the ordinary? If FTX Global wasn’t working, I think you would know pretty quickly..

But as mentioned, it’s best to ask in the Orbx forums. They can give you a more definite answer there. 

- Bob

Edited by BBCM

You can try this in the meantime.  Go to your ORBX folder in your P3D folder, then go to \User Documents\Versions, and delete all text files that start FTX_Global.  Then open up FTX Central.  It will appear to the program that FTX Global is not installed.  Click on the icon to install, and it will scan whatever files you have and will only update or replace any missing or corrupt files.  After it is complete,  run the "Force Migration" in the settings menu.  Then fire up P3D and see if your problem is fixed.

Alan

Oh wow thank all you guys for the feedback. It does seem as though I was panicking over nothing and I do apologise for wasting everyone's time. Once I have it confirmed from ORBX I will let you know. 

Thanks again!