Sign in to follow this  
Pedrozo Mario

Development of an Airplane X Plane 11

Hi, I'm from Paraguay. I'm interested of building a good simulator system that includes the airplane my government has. I'm refering to the T-35 "Pillan" who is manufactured in Chile by the ENAER. 

Who knows which company is the best to create the whole design of the airplane? Can I do it by myself? Because I have the airfoil maker, and the Plane Maker that X Plane brings along with the game.

I have the Technical Information about the plane, too.

Yes,

theoretically yes, but I guess that depending on the level of detail, graphical, systems and flight dynamics wise, learning to develop an aircraft for XP has a steep curve...

Although being old already, Dan's youtubes are still an excellent reference to start with:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG19r3Uh_T5vuMzPtZBoqmA

Edited by Von Target

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There is a free Enaer T-35 Pillan model at the .org in this "Trainers" pack, along with a bunch of other models: 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/15959-trainers-pack-for-x-plane-v7/

Note, however, that this is for X-Plane 7.0, a much older version of the sim. I don't know if it's possible to convert this for X-Plane 11. Maybe someone else with experience converting older models can comment.

It only has a 2D cockpit, not a full 3D cockpit, but at least the external 3D model is there as a starting point if you can manage the conversion.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Oh, it seems to be difficult to do it, but I have some time.. If I am not able to accomplish this I'll try to find someone else because I am interested on purchasing if necessary.. Thanks Von for your answer

I'll see that old plane, as you said Paraffin maybe someone else can do anything to start my project. I have some manuals that can help and about the cockpit it doesn't matter if I have 3D or 2D panel but I would like to have the 3D one. Our cockpit has some new gauges like an Aspen Avionics EFD1000, a Garmin 650 and a JPInstruments 600. It isn't the analogic version anymore.

Thank you Paraffin

I think if you ask on the developer's forum at x-plane dot org, someone could be willing to create you the aircraft for a fee.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

X plane dot org? Could you please help me how the page is? I don't understand English very well. I've been trying to find the solution in Spanish but it's difficult to. I won't have any problem to pay a fee because I know the dimension of the work

44 minutes ago, Pedrozo Mario said:

X plane dot org? Could you please help me how the page is? I don't understand English very well. I've been trying to find the solution in Spanish but it's difficult to. I won't have any problem to pay a fee because I know the dimension of the work

You have x-plane and you dont know the org? men you need to start to use that wonderful site called google :). but there you go, directly to the plane development section... https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/3-aircraft-development/

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I'd be interested to see where this project goes. Best of luck Pedro.

I downloaded the Trainer's Pack that Paraffin showed me. It isn't compatible with X Plane 11 and 10. So, I installed the demo version of X Plane 8 in order to modify the aircraft. I investigated about the ways I can convert this plane and I should do it with the v8 to the v9, v9 to the v10 and so on.

The other way is to see the parameters of the plane in Plane-Maker 8 and open the Plane-Maker 10 to make a new aircraft and trying to copy all these parameters.

It's difficult, but possible. I'll take some time.

Hello! Finally, I could do it. Now I'm requesting some aircraft developers to modify and create a 3D Panel in order to make it the same as the real airplane. If someone wanted my T-35 Pillan with a poor 2D Panel I can upload the file and test it with X Plane 10/11. I'll accept some advices or recommendations. 🛩️😃

On 9/26/2018 at 4:20 PM, Pedrozo Mario said:

Hello! Finally, I could do it. Now I'm requesting some aircraft developers to modify and create a 3D Panel in order to make it the same as the real airplane. If someone wanted my T-35 Pillan with a poor 2D Panel I can upload the file and test it with X Plane 10/11. I'll accept some advices or recommendations. 🛩️😃

Hello Mario, I'm very interested in your Pillan for XP11!!!

Did you upload to anywhere?

Could you do it?

Thanks in advance,

Actually, I see that someone above already recommended my YouTube tutorials.  It just so happens I'm in the process of revamping those tutorials, and I'm using the latest Blender and Xplane2Blender tools to do so.  As time permits, I'm hoping to keep pace with the Xplane2Blender script development (which Laminar endorses and actively develops on GitHub), but since it's still in Alpha, I'll probably give it a break with the tutorials for a bit, until it's more stable and cleaned up.  

Here's a link to the playlist of currently available tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy_yH-j2SKM&list=PLXQZyRq30oEt1sbT_v-KAFRhrqrVNfWlT

They are fairly compact... within about half an hour, they pretty much showcase the basics of how to get a basic airplane with exterior artwork flying in X-Plane.  But more tutorials to come.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ah!

Good News Dan - nice to see you're still active and helpful with those starting to walk their first steps in X-Plane development !

I had suggested your videos in this very same thread back in September 2018 ! Wow ! That's some good time ago...

Looking fwd to the full updated list.

I actually never tried even starting Blender 🙂

How arte yoiur projects these days ? Can we expect good news regarding the use of the "new" Experimental Flight Model ?

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...