Sign in to follow this  
curt1

FeelThere "Florida Landings" anyone?

Just curious if anyone has purchased this scenery addon. I'd like to hear a few opinions before I reach for the wallet. Thanks.

There's seems to be a real lack of good photo scenery for the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.I have purchased two different packages for that area and have been severly disappointed and I will explain why.1st package I bought was the MegaSceneryEarth tiles that cover Miami abd Ft. Lauderdale. The colors are really bad as far as looking really washed out, plus in the Ft. Lauderdale area there are a lot of clouds on the ground. The only good part is that the night textures look pretty good, but not good enough for me to keep it installed.2nd package I purchased was the one by Flightsimdesigns for the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Again I was really disappointed in the coloring and the lack of at least water masking for the ocean. Once you fly out into the water there is a clear line where the photo tile ends and the regular FSX water begins. Also in the South Beach area the photo tiles cut off right in the middle of the area. The night textures are not great as well, in fact they dont even work on my install. The fellow who produced the package told me he was new at this and is only like 19 years old, so I give him credit for the time he spent, but I uninstalled after 1 day.There is also the Miami package by Tyler Newport that I wont buy because it has no night textures but looks ok in the day. Not sure if it goes to Ft. Lauderdale though. I emailed Tyler a long time ago and he never repliedLastly there is the Florida Landings package but afer looking at the screen shots of it there is no way I will get it. It was originally done for FS9 and isn't up to the resoultion that will look that good in FSX.Oh yeah, there is also the Sim Saavy for FSX that I believe has coverage for this area but again no night textures.Frankly in my opinion Miami and Ft. Lauderdale either needs to be done by ORBX or by another group that is currently working on California. I cant remember the name of their company but saw a post on Avsim a few months ago and their work looks really great. Now we just need them to do Florida.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I keep my res on the low side anyway so Im gonna give the florida landings a shot bein I used to live down there.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png