Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

[FSX] Long loading of 3D cockpit view... NVIDIA settings?

Hello folks, 

not sure since when I screwed up my NVIDIA settings or what else triggered this, 

but since several months loading the 3D cockpits of DC6, 737, 747 takes some time, about one second; 

means, the instruments are being loaded in groups, e.g. coming from the outside view, 

If I flip immediately to the copilot view -- during the 3D cockpit building up -- pushing A (or is it S?

I am using my cooly head on the joystick), this 2nd view is instantly there. 

Today I reconfigured and optimised the NVIDIA settings again (using the NVIDIA inspector), 

but F9 calling for the first 3D view remains unchanged, loading is still not instant.

Am I mistaken, but I think earlier I haven't experienced this long loading period. 

Does *the* one setting control a kind of background loading making it instant again? 

Is it in FSX.CFG? 

Thanks in advance. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Try updating your graphics driver leaving its default settings alone and see if this fixes the problem.  If not, I suggest you seriously consider upgrading your Flight Sim to a 64bit system (P3Dv4.3 or XPlane 11, your choice) because this really is the way to go if you want to see smoother graphics and quicker loading times.  It is certainly not a cheap option, but I haven't regretted the move and now only use FS2004 and FSX/FSX-SE occasionally when I want to use an aircraft or scenery which cannot be ported over. 

It happens to me in P3Dv4 but it's tolerable

Edited by JA806A

Thanks Bertie, Michael.

The DisablePreload setting in fsx.cfg comes to my mind...

this one I changed to get the complete hull presented in aircraft selected screen,

showing in one setting the 747 hull partially transparent.

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

2 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

The DisablePreload setting in fsx.cfg comes to my mind...

No change in either setting. 

Andreas Berg

4 hours ago, berts said:

Try updating your graphics driver leaving its default settings alone and see if this fixes the problem.  

I did this before starting...

8^(

Andreas Berg

23 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

but since several months

The key will be found in what you changed in these months.

Think back on what you changed in this time.

Kyle Rodgers