Sign in to follow this  
dal330200

Live Traffic,PSX seecon problems

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting live traffic to connect to any traffic, and I'm also having an error message in PSXseecon traffic saying that P3D disappeared before it closes down whenever I fire up the sim.  I just did a reinstall of p3d, clean, as well as PSXseecon and Live Traffic prior.  However, now that everything's back, nothing is working.  I fired up the simconnects, exclusions in my antivirus, made sure to download the latest AI from FLAi, which is in beta and newer than the one i had installed previously, and my license is good in real traffic.  Any ideas as to why this is happening?  As far as I know, the right boxes are ticked and I have the right directories checked. 

Thanks,

John

John,

Since you're running P3Dv4.3, I'm curious whether you're using PSXseecontraffic64.exe, or PSXseecontraffic.exe? Your symptoms seem like what I got when I was using the wrong .exe. PSXseecontraffic64.exe is the correct one for P3Dv4.3

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

14 minutes ago, somiller said:

John,

Since you're running P3Dv4.3, I'm curious whether you're using PSXseecontraffic64.exe, or PSXseecontraffic.exe? Your symptoms seem like what I got when I was using the wrong .exe. PSXseecontraffic64.exe is the correct one for P3Dv4.3

Kind Regards,

Thanks for your reply-  I've been using the 64bit version.  I'm scratching my head at this one. 

John,

GRR, I was hoping for an easy fix for you. Are you running PSXseecontraffic on your sim machine, or on a networked computer?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Sim machine.  I tried to change localhost to my ip for kicks, but the same problem occurs either way.  As soon as I open up seecon while p3d is running, it crashes after telling me p3d disappeared.  At the same time, real traffic just sits there, never showing traffic.  This is so strange.  I'm starting to wonder if a residual file in the registry may be messing this up, but I have no idea what to look for. 

John,

Sounding more like a SimConnect problem...have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling all your SimConnects (I don't remember specifically which one is required for PSXseecontraffic)?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

4 hours ago, somiller said:

John,

Sounding more like a SimConnect problem...have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling all your SimConnects (I don't remember specifically which one is required for PSXseecontraffic)?

Kind Regards,

When running the 64 bit version here is no need to install any SimConnect clients. It does not hurt either.

PSXseeconTraffic64 communicates with the 64 bit SimConnect server in P3DV4 directly.

Edited by kiek

6 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Sim machine.  I tried to change localhost to my ip for kicks, but the same problem occurs either way.  As soon as I open up seecon while p3d is running, it crashes after telling me p3d disappeared.  At the same time, real traffic just sits there, never showing traffic.  This is so strange.  I'm starting to wonder if a residual file in the registry may be messing this up, but I have no idea what to look for. 

Did you try to delete the RealTraffic.ini? See the FAQ.

8 hours ago, dal330200 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting live traffic to connect to any traffic, and I'm also having an error message in PSXseecon traffic saying that P3D disappeared before it closes down whenever I fire up the sim.  I just did a reinstall of p3d, clean, as well as PSXseecon and Live Traffic prior.  However, now that everything's back, nothing is working.  I fired up the simconnects, exclusions in my antivirus, made sure to download the latest AI from FLAi, which is in beta and newer than the one i had installed previously, and my license is good in real traffic.  Any ideas as to why this is happening?  As far as I know, the right boxes are ticked and I have the right directories checked. 

Thanks,

John

Please post a log file and I hope I can tell you more.

Nico

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of them have worked.  Here's a copy of the log.  Also, when I tried to debug livetraffic, I got connection errors as well. 

Sun Sep  2 14:06:13 2018 (utc)
version 11.3
PSXseeconTraffic (64 bit)
for Prepar3D v4
9916 airports were read from airport_data\airports.txt

******************* Parameters *******************
VERSION_CHECKED_AT=:*b!2odpo
ALWAYS_ON_TOP=0
STATUS_LINE=1
LIVE=1
LIVE_IF_USER_AIRBORNE=0
UPS=25
VMRGENERATOR=C:\PSXseeconTraffic
HEAVY_AIRCRAFT=1
MIDDLE_AIRCRAFT=1
LIGHT_AIRCRAFT=0
HELICOPTERS=0
PARKEDFOLDER=C:\PSXseeconTraffic\parked
PARKING_OVERRULED=0
PARKING_OVERRULED_PERC=0
PARKING_LIMITED=0
FLIGHTPLANSFOLDER=C:\Users\capta\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files
LATERAL_RANGE=40
GROUND_TRAFFIC=0
AUTO_MODE=0
MAX_LIVE_AIRCRAFT=200
COLLISION_DET_AIR=1
COLLISION_DET_GND=1
LOG_MATCHING=0
LOG_POSITIONING=0
LOG_TAKEOFF=0
LOG_LANDING=0
LOG_PARKING=0
LOG_3RDPARTY=0

14:06:13 Initializing server at port 10747
14:06:13 Waiting for FlightSimulator to connect ...
14:06:13 Waiting for RealTraffic to connect ...
14:06:13 Exception in gf_connectToSim_as_thread
Warning: 14:06:14 Flight Simulator disappeared, PSXseeconTraffic will stop ...
14:06:14 Flight Simulator disappeared, PSXseeconTraffic will stop ...
14:06:14 Flight Simulator disconnected
14:06:14 RealTraffic connected
Sun Sep  2 14:06:23 2018

Problem solved guys-  I accidentally re-installed 4.2 client instead of 4.3.  Once I sorted that out, everything is fine now.  thanks again for all of your help.

John