Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Good MD-11's?

Guest jacob001

Are there any good MD-11's, freeware or payware, be it just a panel or an full aeroplane?Thanks,Jacob Fordham

Guest ThrottleUp

Yes there is the nice MD-11 from iFDG. Get it here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...&CatID=fs2004acThere is an excellent freeware MD-11 panel from Alain Capt that you can get from his website. Very well done. http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-...1_day_small.gifGet the panel here:http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-...md11-panel.htmlHope that helps!

For what it may be worth, I totally agree with you! Alain Capt's panel and goodies are perfect for the IFDG plane which is also excellent. there is a learning curve with the panel, mainly because thee are no tool tips to remind you which button does what. But with patience and perseverance you can certainly master it. This plane and panel is fantastic.God bless,Earl

Guest ThrottleUp

---------------------------------------------- there is a learning curve with the panel, mainly because thee are no tool tips to remind you which button does what----------------------------------------------I agree with you - I found it confusing when I first started using it! Theres two ways to sort it out though - learn what the buttons do as you go along or re-label them (described below)First just make a backup copy of the panel bitmap. 1. Now load FS9 and the MD11 panel2. Open the panel bitmap in your graphics editor program (MS Paint will do fine even)3. In the sim figure out which button does what and then put your own label on the bitmap it using the graphics program. Custom-label the buttons!I remember some panels I have first came with a button called "VOR"....then I realised this was the NAV-GPS button so I just labelled it as "NAV-GPS" in MS Paint.

Hi Nevin,This is a great idea. I never thought of it. Do you already have it done? Sounds like it. Would you consider sending me the bitmap? No sense reinventing if you have it.... maybe you should upload it.Thanks,Earl

PMDG are soon releasing a payware MD-11Should be amazing.....Glenn

Guest ThrottleUp

Earl - To be honest with you I did do that a long time ago - but then I got rid of it! I do use the same bitmap now but *heavily* tweaked for my own use...in fact I dont even use any of the original gauges since I found them confusing http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...con_redface.gif (even though they are excellent). I am a very *keep it simple I just wanna fly* simmer lol.The bitmap I have now is the same as you see in the screenshot but with gauges from all over the place!Also one would have to get the permission of Alain Capt to upload a re-labelled bitmap.But its very easy and quick to do! Just load the sim in the MD11 cockpit and keep the bitmap open in the graphics program. Working methodically from top to bottom, left to right see what each button does then go to MS Paint and type it under the button. of course you will have to do some copy-pasting of areas of the bitmap to first erase the original lettering before inserting your new ones!

the best MD-11 is by far the free version from overland available here in the library. it even has a nice looking VC!

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------the best MD-11 is by far the free version from overland available here in the library. it even has a nice looking VC!-----------------------------------------------That is a nice looking MD11 as well and I did have it before I got the iFDG one. But being one of those annoying *wing-view* people http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/grinser/...-smiley-001.gif ....I got rid of it because it does not have any hee hee.Unless there is an update somewhere...is there?

I totally agree, no wingviews, it gets tossed from my hard drive!Go with the iFDG MD11. The Alain Capt panel is excellent.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest ThrottleUp

Yes but I regretted doing it because it is such a nice-looking plane!Wingviews really increase the immersion and give you that "oh Im in a different plane now" feeling!Sometimes I do envy the "by the book, fly from the cockpit only" people because they dont have to bother at all about wingviews & liveries!

Hi Nevin. Speaking of wingviews, did you ever figure out how to get the lights on the wing tips of the 50N. I gave up. Looked all over the forun for a possible fix. May have to look into the MD-11 you mentioned. Been using the Overland model for several months.Regards.Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wow! how did I ever miss your post. Thanks for the extra work. Already checked the lites out. Great job on wingviews and lites. Makes the 50N that much better.Regards,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest ThrottleUp

Glad to help! Yea the lights are good fun! Although that strobe does seem waaaay to bright in broad daylight!Hmmm...perhaps we can dim it a bit hee hee...will let you know!