Sign in to follow this  
navops

Co-pilot on strike

I have updated to the latest version.

When I start MCE I get the window, screen flashes, I hear the voices, the wording shows in the upper right and left corners of the screen. Then it says wait while the co-pilot boards. the slug never shows. I've let it run for over 10 minutes.

I've killed the program and tried it again.  This has gone on for several days.

I put the FSInsider dll on manual load to make sure it is loading. FSX.exe is set correctly.

I've reset the configuration several times and gone through the setup for MCE with no issues.

Does anyone know the phone number to the co-pilot union boss?

Help

Doug

3 hours ago, navops said:

I have updated to the latest version.

When I start MCE I get the window, screen flashes, I hear the voices, the wording shows in the upper right and left corners of the screen. Then it says wait while the co-pilot boards. the slug never shows. I've let it run for over 10 minutes.

I've killed the program and tried it again.  This has gone on for several days.

I put the FSInsider dll on manual load to make sure it is loading. FSX.exe is set correctly.

I've reset the configuration several times and gone through the setup for MCE with no issues.

Does anyone know the phone number to the co-pilot union boss?

Help

Doug

When Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it for the sake of MCE, you MUST...

1- Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder. (It only takes about 2 GB space maximum, including all 10 recorded voice packs)

2 - Set "fsx.exe", "prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator.

If using a launcher app (Simstarter or other) to start the sim, the launcher app must also be set to run as admin.

That way, you guarantee smooth communication between mce.exe and simulator exe, under UAC rules.

This 2 tier design has a purpose. To run the speech engine outside the simulator process for better stability and performance of the latter.

Let me know if still no joy.

13 hours ago, navops said:

I've already done all that and it didn't work.

Sorry

Doug

If using a launcher app to start FSX, make sure that one is also set tio run as admin, otherwise FSX wouldn't run as such.

If it's the DVD version of FSX, some users have reported this kind of behaviour when FSX SP2 isn't installed. It is required.

I'm not using a launcher app. I have installed SP2.

Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled again re-checked everything above and I get to the screen where the copilot is boarding and then it just stays there.

Doug

26 minutes ago, navops said:

I'm not using a launcher app. I have installed SP2.

Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled again re-checked everything above and I get to the screen where the copilot is boarding and then it just stays there.

Doug

The splash screen is actually a separate application which terminates when MCE is up anhd running..

Open task manager to check whether "mce.exe" is actually running.

You never know when some anti-virus prevents it running.

Eventually go to C:\Users\your_user_name\Appdata\Roaming\Multi Crew Experience\ folder

Open "mce.ini"

Change "Debug=0" to "Debug=1"

Start MCE and assuming there arte no "permission issues" preventing it creating files in that folder, it should generate a "startup.log" which will reveal where it's getting stuck.

Send the log to support.

Thanks

When I ran MCE after starting FSX, MCE does not show in the APPs section of Task Manager.

What does show is MCE Splash screen running in Background apps.

I'm send the file to support.

Thanks

Doug

I am having a similar problem that just occurred today. When I started up FSX i got this screen

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program

Name: FSInsider

Version: 2.7.8.2

Company: FS++Limited

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)

If I click yes FSX shuts down and if I click no FSX starts up but no MCE.

Up to now MCE has worked great. Now it doesn't work at all.

Some help would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, daveep said:

I am having a similar problem that just occurred today. When I started up FSX i got this screen

Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program

Name: FSInsider

Version: 2.7.8.2

Company: FS++Limited

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)

If I click yes FSX shuts down and if I click no FSX starts up but no MCE.

Up to now MCE has worked great. Now it doesn't work at all.

Some help would be appreciated.

No worries at all. It's a known issue which may afflict any third party dll running in FSX process under Windows 10 or Win 8. Every flight simmer should be aware of that.

Every flight simmer must be aware of it.

The fix is in this thread.

• Like 1

I have same problem where MCE loads in background but copilot never boards . . .

Thanks.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

59 minutes ago, jport1 said:

I have same problem where MCE loads in background but copilot never boards . . .

Thanks.

Joe

Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ installation folder.

Set "fsx.exe and/or "Prepar3D.exe" to run as administrator. If using a launcher app to start the sim, the latter must also be set to run as admin.

For FSX, go to FSX installation folder and check you jhave.

fsInsider.dll

fsInsiderini

A folder named <MCE dlls> with many dlls inside it.

For Prepar3D V4, check you have

fsInsider64.dll

fsInsider.ini

A folder named <MCE dlls> with many dlls inside it (these are 64 bit dlls. Do not copy them over from FSX installation. If missing let me know.

MCE is deliberately run as an external process for better stability of the sim, and in FSX case, to prevent the speech engine consuming valuable VAS memory.

MCE will only connect to the sim, once fsInsider.dll (or fsInsider64.dll in P3D's case)loads inside the simulator process

This should get you going. Let me know otherwise.

Edited by FS++