Sign in to follow this  
zabri

Active Sky 2016 not connecting to FSX

.Hey guyz

I purchased AS16 and installed it. Now when i opened it, the status shows 'Waiting for Simulator' and after sometime the AS16 closes without connecting to FSX. I tried some stuff. I opened the FSX first then AS16 and tried vice versa again. Nothing seems to work. I switched off internet access and tried and then switched on. Installed FSUIPC and then disabled....i tried many things but the 'Waiting for Simulator' problem does not go off. Also when i opened the FSX for first time after AS16 installation, it did asked for the persmission to run the dll files associated with AS16 but still the 'Waiting for Simulator' does not go. Please help. I dont want to let my money go in vain. Is there a solution to the problem? Is it something to do with the simconnect?

I use AS16 and it worked without any problems from the very start. When you installed it are you certain that you inserted the correct pathways when asked? If you did, it's always worth trying an uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes any difference.

Don't worry, you won't have wasted your money! This is an excellent product with excellent support from the developers so if all else fails it may be worth asking for help from HiFi themselves.

Bill

40 minutes ago, scianoir said:

I use AS16 and it worked without any problems from the very start. When you installed it are you certain that you inserted the correct pathways when asked? If you did, it's always worth trying an uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes any difference.

Don't worry, you won't have wasted your money! This is an excellent product with excellent support from the developers so if all else fails it may be worth asking for help from HiFi themselves.

Bill

I tried reinstalling but still nothing works. By the way can you tell me the correct paths?

4 minutes ago, zabri said:

By the way can you tell me the correct paths?

Well usually the paths are selected automatically but if they cannot be found then you will be asked to select the correct folders. Pathways need to be identified which AS16 can use for both your simulator and also for the application data. The pathway to your simulator depends on where you have installed FSX and the one for the application data is normally in something like C:\Users....AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

It's a while since I installed mine so I can't remember exactly what I had to do, but I think the simulator path in AS16 defaults to C;\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, so if your FSX is not installed there then that may be why it is not finding it.

Bill

49 minutes ago, scianoir said:

Well usually the paths are selected automatically but if they cannot be found then you will be asked to select the correct folders. Pathways need to be identified which AS16 can use for both your simulator and also for the application data. The pathway to your simulator depends on where you have installed FSX and the one for the application data is normally in something like C:\Users....AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.

It's a while since I installed mine so I can't remember exactly what I had to do, but I think the simulator path in AS16 defaults to C;\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, so if your FSX is not installed there then that may be why it is not finding it.

Bill

I checked everything. The pathways are corrent. Still its not working. Even after reinstalling it.

12 minutes ago, zabri said:

I checked everything. The pathways are corrent. Still its not working. Even after reinstalling it.

If the paths are correct, have you an antivirus or firewall which might possibly be interfering with AS16?

If not, unless someone else comes up with something, then I can only suggest asking for help over on the Active Sky support forum where I’m sure they will find a solution to your issue.

Bill

Hi there, which Version of FSX? When FSX loads it asks you for the weather engine on Free Flight Menu, there should be Active Sky in drop down menu. Do you run the setup as Administrator? Do you run AS as administrator? Have you excluded FSX and AS folders from antivirus or the Windows defender? From the FSX side when you load a flight do you see active sky menu in add ons list? Does it work if you request weather for the airport you are?

Otherwise you should talk to AS support.

Regards....

Edited by Dio

4 hours ago, Dio said:

Hi there, which Version of FSX? When FSX loads it asks you for the weather engine on Free Flight Menu, there should be Active Sky in drop down menu. Do you run the setup as Administrator? Do you run AS as administrator? Have you excluded FSX and AS folders from antivirus or the Windows defender? From the FSX side when you load a flight do you see active sky menu in add ons list? Does it work if you request weather for the airport you are?

Otherwise you should talk to AS support.

Regards....

No i cant find anything as such in the addon list and yes i completely turned off antivirus and the windows defender them reinstalled AS16 and run everything as an administrator. Still the same 'Waiting for Simulator' issue.

Hello,

Please head over to the support page and log a ticket, we will have you up and running as soon as possible.  Please follow the link under my sig.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/