Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Announcing the Zenith 701 for P3D V4!

Hay guys!  Its been a long time posting since I was working on other projects, but im getting close to releasing the Zenith 701 for P3D!  This has been a great little project with direct cooperation with Zenith Aircraft!  Originally created for the canceled Flight Sim World, im converting it for P3D/FSX.

The Zenith is a great little home built bush aircraft that has great visibility, low stall speed, and great rate of climb using the Rotax 912 engine.  During the research process, I even got to fly a real Zenith 701 myself!  I love research 😉

This model has been built to the millimeter using CAD/SolidWorks data provided by Zenith Aircraft.  I doubt you will find a more accurately modeled aircraft in flight sims!  On top of that, the textures have been created using next gen PBR tools for some of the most realistic textures available.  

Not only will she look accurate, but it will be real world pilot tested for accuracy to make sure she FLY's accurate to the real thing.  

Well enough marketing talk.  Here is the eye candy to back it up!  

Please note that this is early screenshots.  I only got her flying last night in P3D and I have a few bugs on the gauges to work out and lots of tweaking, but it gives you an idea for the level of detail that is planned for the product.

zenith_701_31.jpg

zenith_701_32.jpg

zenith_701_33.jpg

If you wish to follow the development closer, follow me on Facebook!  Facebook

Kevin "Gibbage" Miller

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Looking very nice ! Thank you for sharing.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

I have flown the Zenith 601, both an experimental and light sport version.  I was interested in purchasing the high wing 701 but even with its STOL characteristics, it's useful load under light sport limitations was on the weak side, and I weighed 40 pounds more in those days, too much to carry anything but a very light passenger and too much to fly on full fuel.  Even the Zenith 601 was too heavy for its Rotax engine, climbed slowly.  Only the Allegro 2000 I trained in for Light Sport could climb well, cruise faster than a 172, and was fairly spacious except for headroom.  I gave up on flying it because being a tall person my head was hit constantly in the Phoenix chop, seeing stars some times, and to get in my long legs had to be bent in ways that would make an exotic dancer squirm.

You do not mention whether this is a freeware or payware project, since I know they frown on people posting news using the non commercial forums on their new payware I assume it is freeware?

John

Yes its very much a commercial add-on.  Im also a commercial member and have been posting for a VERY long time 😃  

• Upvote 1

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

A proper STOL GA aircraft with accurate flight model is badly needed for P3D.

Wow, great news, I like his STOL parameters always!

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

btw. Kevin, did You work for KCFS?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Any plans for that DRACO thing? That thing is a proper BEAST! 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

That Draco was a total beast of a plane , only aircraft i have seen with a take off run shorter was a chopper , the guy could land in a driveway if it was wide enough for two cars . Its amazing what you can do with a couple of million dollars in loose change.

The Zenith 701 was a project I recall Kevin was doing for FSW  originally ,  He and Myself were KCFS and did the Evector and Seabee releases together , In the case of the 701 i had no part in its production this time , Its Kevins Baby all the way, looking forward to seeing it in sim !

Best CJ   

I make no apologies for using this thread. You may have missed the announcement but it IS out.

I've done three paints for it so far and I have to admit up front that PBR is a complete mystery to me and I fear it will always be so.

These are the ones I've done so far:

C-GCTT

gctt1.jpg

gctt2.jpg

N514JG

14jg1.jpg

14jg2.jpg

And N2701

n2701a.jpg

n2701b.jpg

Available on my Mediafire HERE

Also on AVSIM when I get round to it. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nice paints as always Ron!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This will be perfect for exploring the new realistic MFS scenery when it comes out, so hopefully a conversion will be possible. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Here's another one to go 'splorin' in.

n972AZ1.jpg

n972AZ3.jpg

n972AZ2.jpg

It's in the same location, Mediafire

If you haven't bought it, do so. It's a terrific fun plane. And no, I'm NOT on a commission! £17 from Just Flight, a steal. You'll get a lot of use out of it before MSFS! :biggrin:

Edited by Ron Attwood

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Nice, but no 3rd party GPS options that I can find.. :huh:

Bert