Sign in to follow this  
sluihn

B737 PMDG vs B737 PIC

I love flying the B737 by PMDG. I am thinking about buying the PIC also. Do any of you guys and gals have both aircraft and if so how do they compare. Thanks in advance.Largo222

Guest jacob001

You can't really compare a Next Genration 737 to a 'Glass Guppie'. They're completely different in both philiosophy and design. If you're used to nothing but a PFD, ND and EICAS on the main panel the 737 PIC will take some getting used to. Not meaning to advertise, but it is a very good simulation. The 2D panel looks simple awesome with the highest res background I've ever seeen (I don;t know if there's a review of the PIC over here but go to the 'other' site - flightsim.com - to see somw pics) and almost all the systems are modelled. It's only similarity with the PMDG is the FMC; both have one. Other than that, it's like comparing a Cessna addon to the Level-D 767.The overhead is fully realised; I'm no 737-400 pilot but I can;t fault it. The flight dyanimics feel too responsive to me, but then again I've never flown a 737 in real like - in fact, I've never flown anything in real life!Personally, I find the 737 a boring aeroplane after a while; very empty, too little to do. But if you like 737's, go for it! Personally, I like 737-200's and -100. Now that is pilot heaven!The VC isn't as clear as the PMDG NG 737, but then no-one does VC's like PMDG (remember, I was't advertising, okay! :-) It just sounds like I am)I'd say; go for it! Buy it!

I own both and the FT 737 series (I own the CD version) has grown on me. I really have come to love this little boeing. Not to mention the weather radar is a nice feature. I still have some problems with the auto land (I usually hand fly the landing anyway) and some incomplete NAV data (Euro is missing lot's of waypoints).I think it is as much fun and just as rewarding as the PMDG series.

>I love flying the B737 by PMDG. I am thinking about buying>the PIC also. Do any of you guys and gals have both aircraft>and if so how do they compare. Thanks in advance.>>>Largo222>> As one very involved in the PMDG 737 beta I can say 100% that the PIC 737 is a very nice simulation. I agree that the systems etc are different although I would not say like a cessna to a 767, more like the NEXT GENERATION compared to the older 737s....So if you know one you will feel right at home in the other................Randy J. Smith................CAUTION! My views represent no one but my own. While I do help companies test products - this in no way means I represent them in ANY fashion.[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest Water Mango

Great Bird all the way (PIC 737)... :-)

As I fly for MidCon, I fly both regularly and love each. Each has it's own different quirks and features to make the two offerings interesting. To plug MidCon here a little bit, you may find more enjoyment with both the PMDG and PIC 737s with us. We offer dispatched releases done by a professional dispatcher (and several others he's trained) that include your routing, payload and fuel loading. We also have an online ACARS system in which Dispatch and pilots can communicate between each other and also records your OUT, OFF, ON, IN times for the log book.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004 www.midconair.com www.fseconomy.com"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

If you decide to purchase the PIC 737, be prepared to deal with Wilco Publishing. Their're a nightmare.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

>If you decide to purchase the PIC 737, be prepared to deal>with Wilco Publishing. Their're a nightmare.>>Bill MI second that.:(Tim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Just to add.... they released update 2 for cd version... Flew it last night and i am enjoying even more... still have problems with autopilot but that may be my fault havent found in their forum yet, how to resolve it... but according to others it is there somewhere.Just to add flying by hand was quite enjoyable...I didnt have any probs with Wilco... btw... this timeSteve