Sign in to follow this  
Muklum

No VoxATC entry under Instrument Panel

Having had problems first with VoxATC in FSX-SE and then with FSX-SE itself, I re-installed FSX-SE (and checked that it runs OK) and then installed VoxATC into the fresh sim. The VoxATC installation and panel configuration steps appeared to proceed normally, but there is no VoxATC entry in the instrument panel. The VoxATC gauges are present in the gauges folder, and the aircraft's panel.cfg (default C172 for the present) seems OK, with the correct VoxATC entries. I tried running the VoxATC VFR flight to see if the prompt window would show up, but it didn't. I've tried googling the problem, and none of the proposed solutions worked for me. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks,

Dugald

Uninstalling and re-installing both VoxATC and (using the Steam interface) FSX-SE failed to solve the problem, so I used IObit Uninstaller to perform a radical uninstall of VoxATC, FSX-SE , and Steam itself, including removal of registry entries and files that are left behind by a normal uninstall. After re-installation of all three, everything seems to be working as it should, so fingers crossed!

Dugald

I was about to say something about your issue, because you also posted in another thread that you were getting fatal errors from VOXATC. Usually, when an add-on generates a variety of unrelated errors and odd behavior, the whole install is corrupt. A  problem with VOXATC is that the upgrade  to the licensed version 7 from either the licensed version 6 or the demo version 7 sometimes fails, because of registry entries left behind when the previous version was uninstalled. In the past, I used Total Uninstall in the same manner that you used IObit Uninstaller.

Jay,

My Fatal Crash problem referred to in the other thread also seems to have been fixed at EGKA, so I'm hoping all is well now. By the way, I opened this new thread because I didn't want to hijack Colin's problem, as I now felt that mine was probably unrelated to his. Thanks again for your earlier suggestions.

Dugald