Sign in to follow this  
joejccva71

How can I save aircraft state after completing a flight?

So basically I want to load up p3d, configure for a flight, perform the flight, land at an airport, park at a gate, and then SAVE MY CONDITION and use the same aircraft for the next flight.  This way, I will eventually need to refill the oil, and other fluids, etc.  I don't want a brand new aircraft every time I start up the sim is what I'm saying.  Is there a way to save it and use the exact same aircraft every time?  Any addons that can do this?

Can you not do that by having panel state saves enabled in p3d? I don't know as it's ages since I've used that. Worth investigating.

Chris

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joejccva71 said:

Any addons that can do this?

That is the key.  Obviously you can save the state (location, parked or flying, condition or state of aircraft and wx) simply by using the SAVE to save the scenario.  Then next P3D session you can LOAD that scenario and all should be exactly as you left it.  How well it works depends on the aircraft or vehicle, I've only accomplished this with the default B-58 (the scenario file has most of the panel state included) or with the PMDG addons (they save aircraft panels, state of oil etc and hours in separate files).  I presume it works to varying degrees of detail in most aircraft.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

You’ll probably want some a2a aircraft. They pretty much work in the manner you described. And they are excellent! 

Edited by djbully
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

17 minutes ago, downscc said:

That is the key.  Obviously you can save the state (location, parked or flying, condition or state of aircraft and wx) simply by using the SAVE to save the scenario.  Then next P3D session you can LOAD that scenario and all should be exactly as you left it.  How well it works depends on the aircraft or vehicle, I've only accomplished this with the default B-58 (the scenario file has most of the panel state included) or with the PMDG addons (they save aircraft panels, state of oil etc and hours in separate files).  I presume it works to varying degrees of detail in most aircraft.

Yea that's the thing.  The save scenario function in p3d loads your aircraft in the parking position at the gate you were, but it resets the aircraft so everything is back to what was in the aircraft.cfg file, so the same fuel was loaded again as it was when I left the prior airport.  Ugh.  I use the Quality Wings 787-800 Dreamliner.  Love the aircraft, but was looking for something that saves my aircraft as if I never shut down the sim last night.  So you're saying that the PMDG 777 can do this?

Registered FSUIPC will do that if you have "Previous Flight" enabled.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

22 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Registered FSUIPC will do that if you have "Previous Flight" enabled.

I have version 5 of FSUIPC and I don't see "Previous Flight" option.  I can go into the .ini file and make edits but there isn't a previous flight option in the console.

Edited by joejccva71

2 hours ago, joejccva71 said:

but it resets the aircraft so everything is back to what was in the aircraft.cfg file

Not true... in fact if you look inside one of the fxml files that comprise a saved scenario in the Prepar3D Documents folder, you 'll see it saves such things as Avionics settings, engine parameters,  switches, autopilot etc.  You have to name the save and then load that scenario by that name.  If that's not working for you then I'm not sure why.

The FSUIPC saved scenarios use exactly the same files as the P3D saved scenario other than scenario names.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

"Previous flight" saves are simply the same as pulling down the P3D menu and saving no 'special software' is needed there.

The problem isn't P3D saved flight files as they save the aircraft context precisely.

The way certain aircraft might have to work with their *own enhancements* to save out to their *own files* is a shame because they could do it all in the flight file.

But for example with those planes you can usually pause the flight pull down the menu and save the flight and save the panel state in the FMC menu if it has it.

Then later load the saved flight and restore the panelstate and get under way.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I think this worked.  I created the flight, flew to the destination, landed, parked, wrote everything down like fuel, oil, hydraulics, etc.  I did a save in FSUIPC and then did it in P3D Scenario, closed out the sim.  Re-opened and loaded it up and it was in the exact same state I left it.   Thing is I'm not sure if P3D did it correctly or FSUIPC.  I assume they both do somewhat the same thing when saving.  Is this just a "panel state save"?  

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, downscc said:

default B-58

?

Never mind. Every time I see B-58 I think Hustler.

Edited by Bills511

1 hour ago, joejccva71 said:

I think this worked.  I created the flight, flew to the destination, landed, parked, wrote everything down like fuel, oil, hydraulics, etc.  I did a save in FSUIPC and then did it in P3D Scenario, closed out the sim.  Re-opened and loaded it up and it was in the exact same state I left it.   Thing is I'm not sure if P3D did it correctly or FSUIPC.  I assume they both do somewhat the same thing when saving.  Is this just a "panel state save"?  

FSUIPC programmatically invokes the menu save-game command - producing the same fxml file as manually pulling down the P3D menu and saving. Forget FSUIPC for the moment as it's not a requirement, there's no need to confuse others coming to the forum.

Manually saving simply allows completion of the flight notes and to save the file with any name we like at the time.

You have to check the documentation that comes with an aircraft to see what, if anything, is saved automatically during the save-game. Also check it works when the save-game is invoked programmatically. If not then an auto-save tool is not helping.

If not then the FMC would have a save panel-state command. SO you might have to do that as well as save. Pause the flight - save the flight - save the panel state - restart the sim, load the flight - load the panel state.

1 hour ago, Bills511 said:

?

Never mind. Every time I see B-58 I think Hustler.

You're correct... should be BE58.  That Hustler was beautiful but impractical, very short lived.  The Baron has been around for generations... but we both think the same thing when you say B-58.

Dan Downs KCRP

My dad worked on the B-58 Hustler when he was in the Air Force, that plane spent a lot of time being serviced for every hour it flew.  A beautiful, powerful plane that the mechanics loathed.  I read a book on this plane a couple years ago (loaned it to my dad....I gotta get that book back) and at the time, only some of the very best pilots in the Air Force were selected for B-58 training.

The only thing I might add, is that saving a P3D scenario w/ PMDG and loading it up for the next leg works just fine for me, but....after about 15 or so continued save/restores, things start to get a little "weird" and I have to re-create the scenario to get rid of the anomalies.

Mark

20 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

The only thing I might add, is that saving a P3D scenario w/ PMDG and loading it up for the next leg works just fine for me, but....after about 15 or so continued save/restores, things start to get a little "weird" and I have to re-create the scenario to get rid of the anomalies.

Is that the same with restarting the sim each time? Have you tried restoring another panelstate?