Sign in to follow this  

New KONT in the library

Think you nailed it. Just finished another buzz around KONT and while the photo real ground is there it is not overdone to the point of robbing the 3-D impression of the area.......... just a perfect balance. Gary

Guest jaxan

For those of you interested, I uploaded my AFCAD for KONT to AVSIM yesterday(?). I was BETA testing for Shez so I've been using this AFCAD for a few weeks and I think I've got the AI movement down pat. Let me know what you think and if there are any issues. Jaxan Prier

I apologise but I cannot help here as I do not have MegaSc. Someone else with Megascenery able to help here?Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Guest jaxan

Well, its tricky...Open the scenery.cfg in your main fs9 folder, and scroll to the bottom. (since this should be the most recent thing added to the list)You should see an entry for the new ONT2006 scenery. Probably like this...[Area.0XX]Title=ONT2006Local=Addon SceneryONT2006Remote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=XXAdd this to the end of itFlatten.0=948,N34 04.13,W117 37.75,N34 04.13,W117 34.50,N34 02.30,W117 34 50,N34 02.30,W117 37.75Should then look like this...[Area.0XX]Title=ONT2006Local=Addon SceneryONT2006Remote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=XXFlatten.0=948,N34 04.13,W117 37.75,N34 04.13,W117 34.50,N34 02.30,W117 34 50,N34 02.30,W117 37.75Save the file and start FS9. Should be good to go.

Guest VAA_008

Thank you very much.I had not touched thescenery file in a long time. I was looking for the scenery.cfg file in the wrong place... :+ Thank you again

I have Megascenery SoCal v2, but I've disabeled the mesh that came with it in favor of my FSGenesis mesh. Is the flatten only needed with the mesh that came with Mega? I did some quick testing, and it looks like things are better without the flatten and FSGenesis, so I was just curious if that's why. Thanks.EDIT: BTW, thanks Shez for another beauty and for all your contributions. I still prefer using your DCA, even with a newer alternative, and your John Wayne is a work of art.

We do fly into Ontario, but our DHL hub in the LA area is at Riverside (March AFB) nowadays.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Yeah, and for some strange reason, Ive seen flights from Riverside to LAX! Talk about a short flight!

Intentional. Only way to get night lights :)Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

The Service Pack and the UPS addon has been uploaded to the library.Should resolve the building crash issue and some other minor things.Shez

Shez Ansari

Guest ThrottleUp

Brilliantly done! I just downloaded it! There used to be a time when I was an addon airport sceptic."Why get excited over buildings and you only see when you leave & arrive at (the airport)?" I used to think. Then I downloaded my first scenery and realised that my immersion in the sim jumped a 100 times - thanks to Shehryar Ansari & the other talented addon airport creators :)Suddenly the default airports seem like abandoned warehouses with bits of pavement in front of them.

Nice scenery except that on my PC it flickers a lot. The default scenery was not flickering. Any ideas?Stelios

Stelios Christofides