Sign in to follow this  
cgrey000

Not sure how to describe this one

Hey Dave -

I'm sending a log via Email .. A few odd things about a flight I completed just a few minutes ago..

When I validated/filed my flight plan, I got a message that TOD could not be calculated (this has been happening a lot lately with the newest 2.5.0.5r3 version - in conditions where the calculation should surely be possible - 200+ mile flight, low-altitude, GS target around 150kts). I was still allowed to continue..

The flight plan was filed at 9000 feet, I was never cleared above 7000, less than 74 miles in (still 100+ remaining) I got a descent to 4500 instruction (traveling at 160 kt)

After my initial contact with departure, I was immediately instructed to contact approach (I was 200+ miles out flying a Baron). Approach then directed me to Center.

Later in the flight, approach handed me off to tower well before I had even joined the approach procedure, tower handed me right back to approach.

Log on the way via Email.

Thanks....

I've had some issues along those lines too.  Not able to calculate TOD, way too high of altitude when giving the hand off to Tower and allowed for final.  Seems the program can't do vectored approaches at all.  I've tired them into Anchorage, Seattle, and many other locations including Hawaii.

Just went into Lihue and the approach sent me over the airport, then it would be vectors to final, I was at 10,000 flying over the airport, and instead of vectors, I was handed off to Tower and given cleared for landing.  I had to vector myself, and land.

Also, there is no text way of telling the tower that your clear of the runway, or if there is, I can't find it.

You know I have already paid my $60 and am happy to help, but would like to see updates happen a bit more often.  Maybe even little fixes every so often would be great.  I think this program has a lot of potential but is missing so much right now...   

The TOD calculation is a know issue that will be fixed in the 2506 update that should be out in a few days.

If you can send me your log file for the Lihue flight, I can see what the problem might be.  My email is admin@pilot2atc.com.

Log files are located in: 
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs 
where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.  

Dave