Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Orbx sceneries...

Orbx's KTVL Lake Tahoe Airport is missing.  It does not show up in my P3DV4 installation.  The buildings are missing and no general aviation traffic is parked on the ramp.  Except for the runway and the ramp the airport is bare.

I have a query posted in the Orbx Limited User Forum but that is so seldom used I suppose it isn't viewed very often.  It seems Pennzoil and I are the only ones who use it.

Looking at what has been posted on the Orbx support forums I have tried their solutions but they haven't worked.

I have rebooted the computer.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled KTVL twice

Options/Addons in the game have Object Flow 2 checked.

In FTX3 Use Object Flow 2 is checked.

If I disable KTVL the basic Orbx airport for KTVL has buildings, object flow people walking around, and a half dozen or more general aviation ai aircraft on the ramp.

I am leaving KTVL uninstalled at this tie and am using the default Orbx KTVL.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get my KTVL back?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

That would have been my first thought from your description, that Object Flow was unticked in one of the two boxes.

Another thought (although you've probably already checked); KTVL requires Northern California; do you also have OpenLC NA? If so, have you checked your insertion points in FTX Central settings to make sure OPenLC is loading below the FTX entries in your scenery library?

Another thought: in FTX Central, Orbx Libraries has a "Verify Files" button. You could try that to see if any Orbx Library files are missing.

Another thought, but a bit out of left field: you could try the "Force Migration" button in FTX Central settings. It sometimes fixes the darndest Orbx problems.

Sorry, I don't know if that's any help at all. You could try posting in Orbx in the P3Dv4 forum (it is after all a problem in P3Dv4). That forum gets read a lot.

- Bob  

I had the same problem. However, in my case I had FreemeshX and Tileproxy, so whenever I use those two then KTVL doesn't have buildings. Whenever I used all the ORBX items, from base, to LC, to Vectors then the buildings and such came up. Play around with your scenery selections and see if that helps. 

Bob, Everything is where it should be in the scenery library.  I've verified the files in the scenery library.  I din't think about forced migration so I went ahead and did it.  Still no joy.  No buildings.

Nathan, I have Pilots mesh installed for North America.  I'm going over there now and disable it and see what happens. 

I disabled Pilot's mesh and all the addon scenery I have (not much) but still no KTVL buildings.

Unfortunately I'm an Orbx bad-boy and am banned from posting on any Orbx Forum except the Limited User's Forum for going on a couple of years now I guess.

I guess if I want to fly in and out of Lake Tahoe I'll have to uninstall KTVL and use Orb's NCA stock airport.

Noel

Edited by birdguy
Reply to previous posts

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

More confusion...

When I tried to verify KTVL in FTX Central I get a message that says I don't have a license for tis product.

Go to orbxdirect.com /account/migrate/fss 

When I do that it says all my licenses have been transferred.

On further investigation it seems none of my installed Orbx sceneries have licenses.

???????Totally confused.

Noel 

Did you buy these products from the FSS store, or from the Orbx store? If from the FSS store, did you ever transfer the licences over to your Orbx store account?

That sounds like the message you get when you haven't transferred the licences over yet, or set them up in the Orbx store. This is the FAQ at Orbx about it::

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123940-how-to-use-orbxdirect-and-ftxcentral-v3-a-step-by-step-guide/

If you did transfer the licences over, what shows in your Orbx store account for those products? 

- Bob     

Although I have installed all those sceneries through Central and they show up I was not logged in.  I am now and those notifiations went away.

But KTVL still doesn't show up although all the rest of my California sceneries have everything.  KRDD, KSTS, KPSP, KMRA and all the rest of them have the structures and ai traffic.  Only KTVL is missing the parts.

Noel

There’s only two other things I can think of trying:

First, make sure you haven’t somehow opted out of Fastlane (the program that turns ObjectFlow 2 on), although since your other Orbx airports are looking ok and you can see the two ObjectFlow tickboxes, this seems unlikely. But still, easy to check:

https://support.orbxdirect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000167255-What-is-Fastlane-

The instructions say to find the Fastlane page in your account, but I’ve never been able to do that. Instead, after signing in to my account, I just click on “ 2 Go to the Fastlane page in your account” in the instructions, and that takes me to the page. If Fastlane is on, the page should say “Opt out of Fastlane” in the lower right hand corner. If it says “Opt in”, then that’s the problem.

The only other thing I can think of trying is to uninstall both KTVL and Northern California in FTX Central, then reinstall, starting with Northern California first.

Sorry, other than those, I don’t have any more ideas. You’re sure that there’s no third party sceneries in your Scenery Library loading above your Orbx entries that might interfere with your Orbx sceneries?

- Bob

Any possibility there's another ADE/AFCAD active for KTVL somewhere in your config?  Could be an exclude in another airport file is causing the ORBX objects to be excluded (excludes often don't layer in an orderly way).  A double-entry for KTVL across the combined config structure--scenery.cfg and the two add-ons.xml files--might also explain it.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I checked and have not opted out of Fastlane Bob.

In desperation I uninstalled EVERYTHING from P3Dv4 except Northern California,  Lake Tahoe, and the Scenery Library.  Only the P3D default scenery and NCA and KTVLand Library remain.  NOTHING ELSE.  The buildings at Lake Tahoe still don't show up.

I give up.  I got my first Orbx scenery  in March of 2013.  Five and a half years later I have spent over 3,000 dollars on Orbx scenery and have moved from FSX to P3Dv3 to P3Dv4 and have installed and re-installed probably over 50 times.

It's been four days almost to the hour when one of the moderators at the Limited User's Forum at Orbx said it's a Flow problem.  I replied that all my other airports that need Flow work but not KTVL.  Not a word since.  I suppose a person who's been banned isn't worth the support time or effort over there.

I think it's time for me to just give up and find another hobby.

Noel

Edited by birdguy