Sign in to follow this  
Greggr1

PMDG Fuel issue

Hi, 

When i star the sim at aiport, the aircraft initalises i filled my fuel to correct levels but now my fuel level keeps jumping to full and back ? i've already reinstalled once

1 hour ago, Greggr1 said:

Hi, 

When i star the sim at aiport, the aircraft initalises i filled my fuel to correct levels but now my fuel level keeps jumping to full and back ? i've already reinstalled once

please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name, first and last, in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

How do you load the plane in the sim? What is the default start up state? Using any external programs for fueling like GSX or any VA ACARS program?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

I load it normally from setup flight, straight into a fresh session with cold and dark. no other fuel controlling software i do have acars program but that's never caused issue before, i have gsx but again that's never caused issue with fuel. The only new additon is logitec flight pro yoke system. 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Greggr1 said:

I load it normally from setup flight, straight into a fresh session with cold and dark. no other fuel controlling software i do have acars program but that's never caused issue before, i have gsx but again that's never caused issue with fuel. The only new additon is logitec flight pro yoke system. 

Thanks

What exactly you observe? For example you go to the fuel page load 5000 lbs of fuel and then what happens?

Chris Makris

The only way to load the fuel is using the fuel page in the FMC.  If you are trying to load it using the P3D/FSX aircraft menu, it will not work properly.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

So i think i fixed the issue, i kept loading on a refuel ramp spot because the stock airport had now where else to spawn and i only thought the refuel action happens if you tell flight sim to do it but apparently if the aircraft is on that spot it tries to refuel no matter what, obvs you can't do this with pmdg etc. but thanks for all your help

1 minute ago, Greggr1 said:

So i think i fixed the issue, i kept loading on a refuel ramp spot because the stock airport had now where else to spawn and i only thought the refuel action happens if you tell flight sim to do it but apparently if the aircraft is on that spot it tries to refuel no matter what, obvs you can't do this with pmdg etc. but thanks for all your help

Yea from the moment you pass from a refuel spot it automatically tops the tank Glad you sorted it out 🙂

Chris Makris

thanks, i do have anyhtor issue if you know an answer to it

But in xplane 11 i need to control nose wheel with something i only have yoke and throttle quad, not pedals, the ailerons does work but the nose wheel doesn't turn enough to make the tight enough turns i need to 

The keyboard numberpad keys that control rudder (Ins/Del I think) will steer the nose on the ground.  Pedals are highly recommended.

Dan Downs KCRP

need to wait till more money comes in for pedals but will the ins and del key be bound already to do that

Another option (if you have FSUIPC) would be to use a Lua script to have the yoke's aileron axis control rudder when on the ground and below 60 knots.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case