Sign in to follow this  
Himbi

Bad performance...

3 hours ago, Himbi said:

If I apply this the GPU Load reduced from 100% to 80%.

Why are you bothering with sticks of RAM? If your GPU is at 100% then this is your issue. Either crank the settings/resolution down, or get a more powerful GPU. I couldn't use P3Dv4 with my old 760.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Why are you bothering with sticks of RAM? If your GPU is at 100% then this is your issue. Either crank the settings/resolution down, or get a more powerful GPU. I couldn't use P3Dv4 with my old 760.

Cheers!

Why wouldn’t he check his RAM? It’s easy to check and he can eliminate it from being a possible issue.  

Matt Wilson

In world settings section try reducing the load radius, tessellation level and mesh complexity, terrain texture resolution settings. They are overkill to the far right and lead to cpu doing extra interpolation work if you dont have high enough resolution data installed for these. 76m mesh with 1m terrain texture seem to be good setting along with load radius no higher than ultra. This relieved my system without any significant impact on visual appearance. If you need further load relief try turning off cockpit_high_lod in p3d cfg this will reduce the panel display resolution only, as well as reduce the panel refresh rate to 10-15 in respective aircraft settings as rendering them takes quite a toll on fps than one would expect.

Edited by him225

After running the PC in idle for 10 minutes my RAM stucks a 3.10GB which is a lot I think... which means there are 4.90GB left for P3D... and mostly there is Firefox, PFPX and REX running in the background... to be honest I am shocked.

When I wrote this article, the RAM raises to 3.80GB...

Edited by Himbi

I just did a test flight in the QW787 from Leipzig to Heathrow... average FPS between 15 and 20... but the cocpit is very heavy on FPS.

As i have nearly the same CPU than you you can als try to set the Affinity mask to 85 if you have Hyperthreading enabled.

add

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask = 85

to your prepare3d.cfg, it's worth a shot.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

12 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

As i have nearly the same CPU than you you can als try to set the Affinity mask to 85 if you have Hyperthreading enabled.

add

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask = 85

to your prepare3d.cfg, it's worth a shot.

I will try this, thanks 🙂

Don't forget: it won't give you more fps. But you can gain more smoothness spreading P3D to single cores.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Today I turned off all buildings/vegetation etc.

I don't think his card is the biggest problem. I'm running the same card right now, but updated everything else recently. I'm getting pretty wonderful framerates. I'm even barely getting stuttering in the Los Angeles area. And that's with the PMDG 747v3 and a lot of the sliders turned up fairly high. But I also have 16gb of ram onboard.

The video card should definitely be on the list to swap out, but I'd prioritize the ram. Yeah, Microsoft says 2gb is fine for Windows 10, but they're full of it. That 2g is assuming you're only running things that come with the Windows install, like the Edge browser and Notepad. If you run anything else, you need more. They also want you to have 16gb free on a hard drive for a swap file. Well, especially if it's an actual HDD and not an SSD, that swap file is gonna bottleneck your system, which I think is what's happening here.

8gb is the bare minimum you should have just for browsing the web and playing low-spec games like Solitaire. Get into flight simulation, and you need more.

If you only have the money to upgrade either the video card or the ram, I think you'll get more bang for your buck by doubling your ram and then save up to get a better card later.

16 hours ago, eslader said:

I don't think his card is the biggest problem. I'm running the same card right now, but updated everything else recently. I'm getting pretty wonderful framerates. I'm even barely getting stuttering in the Los Angeles area. And that's with the PMDG 747v3 and a lot of the sliders turned up fairly high. But I also have 16gb of ram onboard.

The video card should definitely be on the list to swap out, but I'd prioritize the ram. Yeah, Microsoft says 2gb is fine for Windows 10, but they're full of it. That 2g is assuming you're only running things that come with the Windows install, like the Edge browser and Notepad. If you run anything else, you need more. They also want you to have 16gb free on a hard drive for a swap file. Well, especially if it's an actual HDD and not an SSD, that swap file is gonna bottleneck your system, which I think is what's happening here.

8gb is the bare minimum you should have just for browsing the web and playing low-spec games like Solitaire. Get into flight simulation, and you need more.

If you only have the money to upgrade either the video card or the ram, I think you'll get more bang for your buck by doubling your ram and then save up to get a better card later.

So I must also change my hard disk ?

My expertise deduces that you need to upgrade your GPU, get more ram, and if you don't have an SSD, run and get one. They are affordable and make a huge difference. Even with my GTX 970, I could barely run the AS CRJ. You're trying to run some of the most demanding aircraft, You need to upgrade if you want better performance. You can also choose lower settings and be unhappy. It's your call. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

55 minutes ago, DJJose said:

It's your call. 😀

At the moment I must live with it...

On 9/4/2018 at 11:09 AM, Himbi said:

I just did a test flight in the QW787 from Leipzig to Heathrow... average FPS between 15 and 20... but the cocpit is very heavy on FPS.

QW787 is very heavy on the GPU, GTX 1070 is min recomend and 4K atleast 1080TI or better

9 minutes ago, westman said:

QW787 is very heavy on the GPU, GTX 1070 is min recomend and 4K atleast 1080TI or better

Who needs 4K ? My monitor got a resolution of 1920x1080...

The QW787 is a very nice plane... but full of bugs etc.

I know that these guys are working very hard (as all other programmers also do - hopefully :D) but there are issues which you MUST notice during beta and so on.