Sign in to follow this  
Himbi

Bad performance...

7 minutes ago, Himbi said:

Who needs 4K ? My monitor got a resolution of 1920x1080...

The QW787 is a very nice plane... but full of bugs etc.

I know that these guys are working very hard (as all other programmers also do - hopefully :D) but there are issues which you MUST notice during beta and so on.

i need 4K, 1920x1080 a 1060 6gb is absolute min rec 1070 or better have test them all with that bird on 1920x1080 res

keep in mind that your PC is on the edge , atleast a better GPU and 16gb mems

Edited by westman

I know that I am already above the limit...

Just out of interest - is there such a huge difference between 4K and a "normal screen" ?

Because your screen does not get more pixels with a new graphic card ?

20 hours ago, eslader said:

I don't think his card is the biggest problem. I'm running the same card right now, but updated everything else recently. I'm getting pretty wonderful framerates.

With respect, it doesn't matter what you or I think - he had data saying the GPU was at 100%. Finding a bottleneck is simply a matter of going through the data and seeing what is at capacity, nothing more. Anything else is guessing, which is find if you're going to buy him a new SSD.

Memory consumption is the same way; once P3D is fired up he can look at Task manager to see how much free memory is left. Data.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

24 minutes ago, Himbi said:

I know that I am already above the limit...

Just out of interest - is there such a huge difference between 4K and a "normal screen" ?

Because your screen does not get more pixels with a new graphic card ?

I keep it simple , with 1920x1080 your gpu can do 40fps you get 10fps with 4K new strong gpu 120fps 1920x1080 and 30fps 4K

the cpu is also taxing harder with 4k but that is another thing

2 minutes ago, westman said:

I keep it simple , with 1920x1080 your gpu can do 40fps you get 10fps with 4K new strong gpu 120fps 1920x1080 and 30fps 4K

the cpu is also taxing harder with 4k but that is another thing

I mean the visual difference...

6 minutes ago, Himbi said:

I mean the visual difference...

if you try you dont go back, visual you have the same pixel zize on a 55 inch 4k as on a 27 inch 1920x1080 monitor

Edited by westman

This is why I have no interest in upgrading to anything higher than my current 24 inch widescreen monitor at 1920x1080 resolution. What I don't know, I don't worry about :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Luke said:

With respect, it doesn't matter what you or I think - he had data saying the GPU was at 100%. Finding a bottleneck is simply a matter of going through the data and seeing what is at capacity, nothing more. Anything else is guessing, which is find if you're going to buy him a new SSD.

Memory consumption is the same way; once P3D is fired up he can look at Task manager to see how much free memory is left. Data.

Cheers!

I understand and agree with what you're saying, for the most part. The issue I was responding to was the people saying that P3D *cannot* run well with that GPU.

Yes it can. It's doing it on my system. That suggests that there may be other factors at play here that at least bear further investigation before OP goes out and drops $500+ on a new graphics card.

27 minutes ago, eslader said:

I understand and agree with what you're saying, for the most part. The issue I was responding to was the people saying that P3D *cannot* run well with that GPU.

its subjective ,have a 680 4gb and 780 card  the 680 is no go and 780 better but not good , depending on settings  and no higer res than 1920x1080 if we talk P3D-v4.3

I don't know about P3D v4, but P3D v3.4 runs fine @ 1920x1080 resolution on my i5 4690k @ 4.3Ghz/16GB DDR3-1600 RAM/2GB GeForce GTX 770 powered PC at high detail levels.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

This is why I have no interest in upgrading to anything higher than my current 24 inch widescreen monitor at 1920x1080 resolution. What I don't know, I don't worry about :wink:

Yeah, I also think like you but now I reached a point where I can not share this view anymore because it annoyes me more from day to day. 😞

But at the moment I have no money left to upgrade my system...

11 hours ago, eslader said:

I understand and agree with what you're saying, for the most part. The issue I was responding to was the people saying that P3D *cannot* run well with that GPU. Yes it can. It's doing it on my system. That suggests that there may be other factors at play here that at least bear further investigation before OP goes out and drops $500+ on a new graphics card.

That's a fair point, and I agree. It probably means going down a notch or two in screen resolution, AA, P3D settings - or all three.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

That's a fair point, and I agree. It probably means going down a notch or two in screen resolution, AA, P3D settings - or all three.

Cheers!

I still let AA in 2x mode(?) because otherwise the screens and panel are totally blurry and not readable anymore...

Be sure FXAA and "mipmap VC cockpit" are un-checked. I also found that the cockpit tends to look more blurry when HDR lighting is turned on.

2 hours ago, eslader said:

Be sure FXAA and "mipmap VC cockpit" are un-checked. I also found that the cockpit tends to look more blurry when HDR lighting is turned on.

HDR is not enabled.. too heavy and I do not like it