mikeat

Reality XP & poput screens

Before I make a purchase of the Reality XP GNS530/430, I'd like to be sure the bezel can be removed.  I haven't found much on the subject so that's why I'm asking here.  I have a GNS 530 with a screen so I'd like to make it realistic, if I can.

Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mike?
The RXP GNS gauges have a no bezel option for use in virtual cockpit panels but I do not believe the no bezel option applies to 2D pop ups.  However my use experience is with simple popups overlaying the virtual cockpit on a single screen 

There are some topics here by users who are using external screens so you might hunt down those topics and contact those users. Note that there is a GNS specific forum listed here for the RXP Flight Sim area.  Here are a pair of links to topics to get you started:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/540412-integrate-reality-xp-530w-to-external-flightsim-gns-unit/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537706-rxp-gns-waas-hardware-driver-pfc-avionics-rxp-gns-530w-v2-p3dv4/

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

I  use the Emuteq GNS530 hardware and you can remove the bezel in the 2D pop-up. Here is the line in the panel.cfg I use to do so (courtesy of Emuteq):

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, -28,-12,155,150

@DavidP there is no need for these negative offsets! Just configure your popup to also be no-bezel and you're done:

1) create a new 'rendering' section in the INI file with nobezel=true, say [GNS_530_1.POPUP]

2) use the gauge 5th param to bind the two together: gauge00 = rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1,0,0,155,150,POPUP

added benefit: you can also configure left/right screen clickspots specific for this popup window!

57 minutes ago, RXP said:

there is no need for these negative offsets!

Thanks for the tip! Those were the values in the installation guide using the legacy RXP GNS. I'll try the new method which seems far more elegant!

• Upvote 1

Thanks to all for the help.  I believe I now have confidence in the purchase. 

Thanks again

• Upvote 1