Sign in to follow this  
mikeat

Reality XP & poput screens (resolved)

Before I make a purchase of the Reality XP GNS530/430, I'd like to be sure the bezel can be removed.  I haven't found much on the subject so that's why I'm asking here.  I have a GNS 530 with a screen so I'd like to make it realistic, if I can.

Thanks,

Mike?
The RXP GNS gauges have a no bezel option for use in virtual cockpit panels but I do not believe the no bezel option applies to 2D pop ups.  However my use experience is with simple popups overlaying the virtual cockpit on a single screen 

There are some topics here by users who are using external screens so you might hunt down those topics and contact those users. Note that there is a GNS specific forum listed here for the RXP Flight Sim area.  Here are a pair of links to topics to get you started:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/540412-integrate-reality-xp-530w-to-external-flightsim-gns-unit/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537706-rxp-gns-waas-hardware-driver-pfc-avionics-rxp-gns-530w-v2-p3dv4/

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I  use the Emuteq GNS530 hardware and you can remove the bezel in the 2D pop-up. Here is the line in the panel.cfg I use to do so (courtesy of Emuteq):

gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1, -28,-12,155,150

David Porrett

@DavidP there is no need for these negative offsets! Just configure your popup to also be no-bezel and you're done:

1) create a new 'rendering' section in the INI file with nobezel=true, say [GNS_530_1.POPUP]

2) use the gauge 5th param to bind the two together: gauge00 = rxpGNS2!GNS_530_1,0,0,155,150,POPUP

added benefit: you can also configure left/right screen clickspots specific for this popup window!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

57 minutes ago, RXP said:

there is no need for these negative offsets!

Thanks for the tip! Those were the values in the installation guide using the legacy RXP GNS. I'll try the new method which seems far more elegant!

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

Thanks to all for the help.  I believe I now have confidence in the purchase. 

Thanks again

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the new RXP 530 as a popout.

I used the legacy RXP 530 a few years ago on the Emuteq Garsim panel, at the time I was using FSX and P3D v2 and I found there was a brutal fps hit as soon as the popout window was undocked and dragged over to the Emuteq. It was so bad I abandoned the Emuteq and boxed it away in the attic (it's still there). Would love to be able to being it back to my P3D v4.4 sim with the new RXP 530, is there still a large performance impact with the new GNS popout on second screen?

Cheers

Gordon

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

9 hours ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

is there still a large performance impact with the new GNS popout on second screen?

None that I have seen Gordon.

• Like 1

David Porrett