Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Suprunov Designs Yak 40

Wasn't the product supposed to be available for new customers yesterday or today?I don't seem to be able to order it anywhere on the website. :-hmmm

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Elena

At this moment SD sending out links to d/l for previous users.New users will have the shop access when this process will be finished. Wait for several hours, the web-site will be updated.

I've got it. Took it out for a spin - just before leaving for work (It's going to be a looooong day) the VC has to be seen, incredible stuff.On my system the gauges are smooth

>At this moment SD sending out links to d/l for previous>users.>>New users will have the shop access when this process will be>finished. Wait for several hours, the web-site will be>updated.Ok, sounds good. :)

Ark

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

>Waw! Really?!>>Almost every (RL) pilot coming here to test this bird cannot>recognise the difference from foto on my desktop :-))>>(they are 5 guys in total who flew or fly now Yak-40 who test>and see it).>>Perhaps you have more experience? Where You've seen "40" I>wonder?Sorry guys for the confusing I ment the paintjob ;-)Not the model :-lolAndr

André

Guest bigun

It's even better than I expected. The panels are the best I've ever seen and it hand flies like a dream. Still trying to re-familiarize myself with the systems. Very different than Western planes. What really amazes me is that even though the 2d and 3d cockpit are extremely detailed, the frame rates are great on my rig.

Guest mikealpha

I can only agree. It's not only a very sympathic plane, it's also VERY well done.I'm an old 2D panel buff, but the smooth as silk gauges really convert me to VC flying. I love the intense sound atmosphere and the new flight dynamics, feels like a huge improvement to the first version.To be able to switch between cyrillic and english labels/indications in the panel is certainly a good idea for those afraid of cyrillic. After having learned all systems in english, one can easily switch back to authentic cyrillic later.Much, much recommended !!Mike

This may seem minor but to me it can ruin the experience. how is the VC night lighting? is there gauge backlighting. And also can you turn on and off a dome light during the day or night? I hope the lighting isnt linked to landing lights. That would kill it for me, because I fly in the VC only. But otherwise that looks interesting, I will check her out this weekend and fly around Russia which I dont do enough of!

Ouch!$50 puts it a little out of my price range for right now. :(

Ark

>This may seem minor but to me it can ruin the experience. how>is the VC night lighting? is there gauge backlighting. And>also can you turn on and off a dome light during the day or>night? I hope the lighting isnt linked to landing lights. That>would kill it for me, because I fly in the VC only. But>otherwise that looks interesting, I will check her out this>weekend and fly around Russia which I dont do enough of!I haven't got it, but there's some VC lighting shots here about halfway down: http://www.suprunovdesign.ru/forums/viewto...er=asc&start=15

Guest VAA_008

I had version 1 and I am now getting version 2 for free :) Those of you that don't have it, it is a must have. Panel and VC details as you are already aware are outstanding.Great plane !!

Hello,I bought the first version of this addon and only flew it a little because of a language barrier and the severe learnning curve for the startup.1. I received a free-of-charge upgrade to version 2.0 from the vendor via email and have installed it again. THIS ADDON IS REALLY GREAT.2. The VC is excellent - I use a Trackir and the operation of the panel is really fine.3. There is an option (CTRL-E) to start up EVERYTHING before taxi - it works in stages and saves about 30 minutes of cockpit time if you want to fly quicker.4. I'm only a sim pilot so I cannot comment on flight characteristics other than to say that I can fly this addon with my yoke, pedals and GOFLIGHT setup (other than the flap operation - unique to this A/C) with ease. It is really smooth!I had other Russian built addons and always found them intense and well modeled. This one is a real keeper for me!Cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS