3NwZEI0.png

• Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Great Shot

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Alan: Is this Bf 108 payware or freeware? Nice picture of this classic plane!

I seem to have downloaded an (updated) ME-108E Taifun (by Michael Pook)....need to try it out...

10 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Alan: Is this Bf 108 payware or freeware? Nice picture of this classic plane!

I seem to have downloaded an (updated) ME-108E Taifun (by Michael Pook)....need to try it out...

It's the payware Classics Hangar bf108. You can find it on their website - www.classicshangar.de - or on places like simmarket. Note that it is not sold as being compatible with P3D (it's for FSX), but it is easy to get it (and indeed their considerable collection of Fw190/Ta152 variants) to work just fine in P3D V4 with a little bit of effort. Here's how if you want it in P3D...

Install it to FSX (or a dummy FSX folder if you prefer), then copy it over to P3D's Airplanes folder (or link it if you prefer to have things outside of the P3D folder), then, copy all its gauge and effects files over to their counterpart gauges and effects folders in P3D, Last but not least, to get the textures to work (since they use a little FSX utility to switch resolution, which doesn't work for P3D), you simply copy the main texture which is in the 4096 folder inside the main texture folder and put it in the main texture folder (i.e. don't have it nested in the 4096 folder). This so P3D can find the texture since it doesn't know to look in the 4096 folder for the main texture and so only finds the decals and such unless you do this. And on the subject of decals...

Note that because Classics Hangar is a German company, they err on the side of caution in relation to Section 86a of the Strafgesetzbuch (the German penal code), which prohibits the use of the several graphic symbols, notably the Hakenkreuz (i.e. Swastika). So you won't find any absolutely historically accurate German markings on any of their Luftwaffe or Lufthansa aeroplanes from the WW2 period, since they'd have to have that symbol on them to be historically accurate. It actually might not be illegal for them to put the Swastika on their stuff because Section 86a excludes prohibiting uses which are 'within the context of art, science, research or teaching', and I guess you could argue that a flight sim aeroplane could serve an educational purpose and its textures might possibly be called an artistic endeavour. But I can't say I blame them for not choosing to try to argue that and instead just not include it, since anyone who really wants the markings on there to be historically accurate can paint it on themselves - which I have actually done on mine as I do on any Luftwaffe flight sim aeroplane I have, as that is what they really looked like and I'm not a fan of revisionist history - but I decided to use the 'politically correct' texture for the screenshot here, even though I don't like all that PC nonsense.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks! Yes, I recall Classics Hangar's products to be very authentic simulations. And, this specific Messerschmitt (bf108) (minus the military skin) could easily pass for a small (and really smart-looking, too) GA plane for VFR. But, I routinely use small historic military planes for VFR, anyway. So, no issue.

I'm FSX-SE exclusive, for now...because of my nearly 4-5 year hiatus from SIM. I'm now picking and choosing what I should fly from my old collection (much hardly used at all). Sometimes, I feel this could already last me a life-time...🙂...Anyway, I could get this one from one of the retailers, and readily use it...no issue there too. Of course, recreating the ambience of your picture is another issue...

And, the added markings make this scene look really genuine,btw.