Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Aerosoft A320/A321 Professional - Delayed again

21 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Why are people saying 1 year plus x days? They never gave a deadline until a few weeks ago.

This is why:

https://fselite.net/news/aerosoft-update-us-a330-a320-64-bit-progress/

Please note: "Back to the A320 series, Mathijs wants to make it clear they decided not to do a quick port of the current models, but invested in importing all their new development technology. The elextrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and APU systems have all been completely rewritten. The MCDU and AP systems have also had ‘massive’ enhancements."

"For now, the A330 remains TBA on Aerosoft’s Prepar3D V4 compatibility list, whilst the A320 series is still listed for August 2017."

Edited by Greggy_D

2 hours ago, westman said:

me to, i have bought AS Pro pack  , can wait 6month it dosent matter if its good, have the 319 but rarely fly it have its bugs, 

Which worked on and fixed very quickly.

The latest fixes provided are having a great feedback, I am flying the A318 and A319 very often and I really enjoy the way they perform.

Regards,
S.

18 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Eh...Why are people saying 1 year plus x days? They never gave a deadline until a few weeks ago. [...] I love the way people interpret things their own way.

It is always funny how fast people "forget": check this link, first post, dated from October 2017:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127623-aerosoft-a318a319a320a321a330-professional-preview-part-4/&page=1

I cite for you:

"When will they be released? Next week?

No. The 64 bit version of the A318/A319/A320 and A321 will come first (because we got so many customers of those who want 64 bit versions). That will probably this year very early 2018 as we wanted to include the fully dimmable lighting. The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that."

Surprise, surprise. It was announced for early 2018. And this hole thread I cited from was only created AFTER it was stated that the AS Bus for P3Dv4 will be released somewhere end 2017.

So, you might reconsider your last sentence and blame yourself for "interpreting things the own way", no?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

It is always funny how fast people "forget": check this link, first post, dated from October 2017:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127623-aerosoft-a318a319a320a321a330-professional-preview-part-4/&page=1

I cite for you:

"When will they be released? Next week?

No. The 64 bit version of the A318/A319/A320 and A321 will come first (because we got so many customers of those who want 64 bit versions). That will probably this year very early 2018 as we wanted to include the fully dimmable lighting. The A330 (32 and 64 bit versions) will be next, early next year, the 32 bit A318/A319/A320/A321 after that."

Surprise, surprise. It was announced for early 2018. And this hole thread I cited from was only created AFTER it was stated that the AS Bus for P3Dv4 will be released somewhere end 2017.

So, you might reconsider your last sentence and blame yourself for "interpreting things the own way", no?

I'm sorry, but that isn't a release date. The word "probably" might give that away? The first hard date they gave, was the 6th of September. They never committed to a fixed date until just a few weeks ago, because they didn't actually know. So no, I interpreted things properly. Was I hopeful for an early 2018 release? Absolutely. Did I accept it as being a "release date"? Of course not. That would be a bit silly. In any case, how does this add up to "a year plus 4 days"?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

8 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

This is why:

https://fselite.net/news/aerosoft-update-us-a330-a320-64-bit-progress/

Please note: "Back to the A320 series, Mathijs wants to make it clear they decided not to do a quick port of the current models, but invested in importing all their new development technology. The elextrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and APU systems have all been completely rewritten. The MCDU and AP systems have also had ‘massive’ enhancements."

Again, this was never a "release date" or a "deadline".

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

1 minute ago, nealmac said:

In any case, how does this add up to "a year plus 4 days"?

Look above at my post.  August 2017

1 minute ago, nealmac said:

Again, this was never a "release date" or a "deadline".

Now you are being obtuse.  Kok stated "August 2017".

1 minute ago, Greggy_D said:

Look above at my post.  August 2017

It's still not a release date. This is exactly why developers have stopped giving release dates. Did you read the rest of my post? I noticed you only quoted the last bit of it, which isn't actually the important part.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Just now, Greggy_D said:

Now you are being obtuse.  Kok stated "August 2017".

If you can show where he said that that was the official release date, then I will happily concede defeat.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Here is another from June 9th, 2017:

https://pcflight.net/aerosoft-release-statement-crj-a320-a330/

"So you will see updates for the A18/A319 and A320/A321 in the next few weeks first. Those will be full blown P3d V4 products. With all the lights (every single light can be controlled individually), installer that install in the documents folder etc (very cool btw, you can re-install the sim without re-installing the add-ons). The works. You will also get almost all of the aircraft systems in the new versions. As explained we dropped all the old code and rewrote most of it to the latest standards. It’s faster, slicker, has far deeper sense of the systems behind what you see. You will get an MCDU that is, beyond any doubt, the most complete ever done for our sims (and yes that includes all our competitors). We spend a lot of time on that because as you know we focus on what pilots use and not on systems that have been only oned a few times (or never) in real life. The MCDU is the heart of the Airbus and no effort spend on that is too much."

"What it also means is that our idea to release this as a free update is out of the windows. You know that we would never ask you to pay twice for the same files but we had the idea that just new lights and a new installer did not justify an update fee. But now we are talking rather serious stuff."

Some us here remember he was targeting a June, 2017 release and then delayed it to August, 2017.  As noted, he wasn't talking about a simple port, but the new version with the new code.

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Which worked on and fixed very quickly.

The latest fixes provided are having a great feedback, I am flying the A318 and A319 very often and I really enjoy the way they perform.

Regards,
S.

time to test them , fly another 319 now, and begin to use much more AI UTL Live , and the best app for AI FSReborn

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Here is another from June 9th, 2017:

https://pcflight.net/aerosoft-release-statement-crj-a320-a330/

"So you will see updates for the A18/A319 and A320/A321 in the next few weeks first. Those will be full blown P3d V4 products. With all the lights (every single light can be controlled individually), installer that install in the documents folder etc (very cool btw, you can re-install the sim without re-installing the add-ons). The works. You will also get almost all of the aircraft systems in the new versions. As explained we dropped all the old code and rewrote most of it to the latest standards. It’s faster, slicker, has far deeper sense of the systems behind what you see. You will get an MCDU that is, beyond any doubt, the most complete ever done for our sims (and yes that includes all our competitors). We spend a lot of time on that because as you know we focus on what pilots use and not on systems that have been only oned a few times (or never) in real life. The MCDU is the heart of the Airbus and no effort spend on that is too much."

"What it also means is that our idea to release this as a free update is out of the windows. You know that we would never ask you to pay twice for the same files but we had the idea that just new lights and a new installer did not justify an update fee. But now we are talking rather serious stuff."

Some us here remember he was targeting a June, 2017 release and then delayed it to August, 2017.  As noted, he wasn't talking about a simple port, but the new version with the new code.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say. You don't seem to be able to distinguish between a target and an official release date.

This is all beside the point anyhow. We all know that they didn't make these targets. This isn't exactly news. The only news right now is that there's a 4 day delay, from the official release date. The ONLY official release date that was ever given out. I get that people are impatient, and people love to bash certain developers. But another moany thread over a 4 day delay? Do me a favour,

• Like 2

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Where are the quick to lock a thread moderators when you really need them.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Speaking personally, I kind of like it when companies are willing to deal with the angry fanbase by missing release dates. Maybe if Wilco had been willing to do that, their Falcon 7x wouldn't have sucked. If Aerosoft is delaying it so that they can get the release right, then I'm all for the delay. I'd much rather wait even a few more months and have a good Airbus to fly than get it now and have yet another buggy worthless plane in my hangar.

Over in the entertainment world, remember No Man's Sky? They decided to meet their release deadline and puked out a garbage game that was almost universally reviled. To their credit, they kept working on it and have made things much better in subsequent patches, but they took a huge reputation hit and angered the same people by releasing junk that they would have angered by delaying the release, and that anger stayed around a lot longer than it would have if they'd delayed and released when it was ready to go.

• Like 1

This release date slip has been more than thoroughly logged and flogged.  Time to move along...

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case