Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Holding patterns

Is there any ATC software for FS9 out there that can be programmed to ask pilots to enter a holding pattern before landing? I have Ultimate Traffic but this is not a feature of it (as far as I can see!).Martin

Not that I am aware of. There's the AI Smooth program which puts AI planes into crude holds. But it never works well and they all crash.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Martin,Radar Contact v4 will issue holds depending on conditions. Here's the line taken from the link below...Enroute holds can be always on (for practice), always off (for quick, uneventful flights), or based on current weather conditions at the arrival airport (most realistic).Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Martin,Both Radar Contact 4 and VoxATC can be set up for holding patterns. VoxATC can also be set to vector for traffic.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Radar Contact 4 certainly is. I have Ai traffic set at 100% and RC4 recognises the airline and aircraft type.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Radar Contact V4 has many features compatible with FS9 AI interaction. It does not matter what traffic package produces AI. I use UT2 as well at 100%.RC holds are more based on weather anticipated delays as Ray described heavy traffic build up included. I never noticed AI itself placed in holding because of weather. The mentioned AI Smooth freeware will place AI in holding patterns with landing separation according to your settings.RC does see AI traffic at your destination and offer the same runway when AI are present. It also offers protection from AI when you are on final including the infamous FS AI runway encroachment. Traffic alerts are called enroute.Click on my tag below to go to the RC home page and browse the support forum here on AVSIM. On the RC home page click the features to get a list of what is does. You must use FS9 to get the most out of the current version.I think you will find crossing restrictions of interest as well so take a look.Be aware that there is a managable learning curve involved but tutorials are supplied explaining the procedures and menu choices as well as options.

I will definitely investigate RC - but I am away from home for a week more so it'll have to be next week. I have AI Smooth already - though this doesn't (for some odd reason) work 100% of the time: I can still get jets flying in over the top of me and pinching my allotted runway. (I'm afraid I then often ignore the 'go around' instructions and land anyway, just to spite ATC - especially if my dinner is going cold on the table in the meanwhile).M