Sign in to follow this  
COLINTHOMAS

No scenery views when looking out of cockpit windows

Hi Guys,

I have DirectX 10 Preview enabled. In the aircraft (below) I can't see any scenery when looking out off the cockpit windows, only what looks like a thick fog. I have Steve's DX10 Fixer installed and have run it but that seem to make no difference. Can somebody please make any suggestions on how to correct this problem? Whilst the aircraft is loading I can see out of the cockpit windows, but immediately it has finished loading a veil drops down and the scenery is then non existent or obscured by this thick fog.

I can see the scenery if I go into 2D mode by selecting Views\View Mode\Cockpit\Cockpit from within FSX

Aeroprakt - A22 Foxbat

Just Flight\Commercial Level Simulations - Airbus A330-200 - A330-300 - A340-200 & A340-300

Wilco - Military A400M

Kindest regards

Colin

Ok is everything normal from outside the aircraft in spot view?

if in the vc you shift your seat position up so you emerge into the outside do you penetrate this fog

is it a fog such than you can see for example the aircraft wing faintly or are the windows completely opaque?

In the legacy dialog move the slider first to the leftmost position and test, then try it in the rightmost position and test again.

Edited by SteveFx

Hi Steve,

Yes, everything is normal in the spot view. If I shift my seat position so that I emerge out of the aircraft, there is no fog. If I elevate my seat position to the point where I am halfway in and out of the aircraft, I can see the fog in the lower portion of the window and the clear scenery outside of the aircraft in the upper portion of the window.

If I look for the wings from inside the aircraft I can not see them at all. The windows are completely opaque.

In the Legacy dialogue I have moved the slider fully left to "Scenery" position and applied and tested it in FSX, but I still have the fog. I get exactly the same result when I move the slider fully right to the "Aircraft" position.

It would have been more advantageous if I could have sent you a couple of screen prints depicting the problem, but unfortunately this forum does not permit me to attach any files.

Kindest regards

Colin

Edited by COLINTHOMAS
Added more content

Hi Steve,

Yes, my problem is identical to that experienced by Air Show's. Do you think a solution can be found for this problem?

Kindest regards

Colin 

Hi Steve,

I don't know the slightest thing about FSX SDK. Am I right in saying that if I have FSX Acceleration is installed then FSX SDK is also installed?

In the Avsim library there is a download called SDK SP2 Service Pack Installer, but in the notes before you press download, it states

"IMPORTANT: If you have already installed Flight Simulator X: Acceleration expansion pack, do not install the SDK Update for Service Pack 2"

I downloaded the file from Avsim anyway and have it stored on my computer, but because of the notes I haven't as yet installed it.

What do you suggest I do from here to correct the issue  with the alpha channel?

Kindest regards

Colin

Edited by COLINTHOMAS
Added more content

You have acceleration which includes the service packs. Trying to install sp2 to acceleration would be a bad idea  - ie the warning is totally correct.

I don’t think acceleration on its own has the sdk for that you need either the gold or deluxe Versions I believe. 

Ignore the sdk for now, if you look in the texture directories of then problem aircraft can you identify the vc glass texture?  Is there a texture with a name like glass , windows  or something in at least one of them?

Edited by SteveFx

Hi Steve,

I have looked in every one of the texture directories of the problem aircraft, but can not find any mention of glass or window/s. Presumably you are asking me to look at the .bmp files.

KIndest regards

Colin

Is the a22 freeware?  If so can you zip up it’s texture directory and send it to the yahoo support email from the fixer manual?

Edited by SteveFx

Hi Steve,

I have no record of ever having purchased the Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat. So the answer to your question is yes, I believe it is freeware.

As requested, I have zipped and emailed one of the four texture folders to you.

Kindest regards

Colin 

This has been resolved.  There will be a new (experimental) fix in 3.5 to fix these issues.  I say experimental because from past experience I can never rule out this  sort of fix negatively  impacting some object somewhere in one of the several hundred legacy airports and aircraft available for fsx.