Sign in to follow this  
pellelil

Routes to fly when the 747-8(F) releases

Based on +400 AIG (AI) Flightplans here are a few flights to fly in the 747-8/747-8F when it releases 🙂

All7478.jpg

• Like 2

Pelle Liljendal

Developer of Flightplan Visualizer

I plan on flying the 8F from Houston to Luanda, Angola (GTI100 I believe)

My data used above are from various AIG (AI) flightplans, where the GTI (Atlas Air) is from winter 17/18. Here flight 100 is indeed from Houston to Luanda however in a 744. But then again AI flightplans is not the all and everything 🙂

Pelle Liljendal

The Angola flight was a pax contract will an oil company and the last I heard they are no longer flying that.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, JA806A said:

I plan on flying the 8F from Houston to Luanda, Angola (GTI100 I believe)

That was a Pax flight only and we don't fly it anymore.  But the wonderful thing about ACMI/ADHOC is you can go anywhere, anytime.  So disregard anyone who ever says they only fly actual routes because chances are they are missing 1/2 of the actual flights done by any aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I can give tons of examples of what I have done in them.  But suffice to say, look up the Atlas (GTI, PO and if you want to look at some odd balls stuff, Qantas and Cathay cause we we do flights under their callsigns as well) schedule if you can.  Anyflight you see as done with a -400F I would almost guarantee has been done by a -8 on occasion as well.  Those flights will range from one hour ICN-PVG or LAX-SFO to 17 1/2 hours CVG-HKG.  That last one I have never done in a -400F but have done in the -8F.

Scratch that.  Flights I've done in the -8 have ranged from 14 mins to 17 1/2 hours. Shortest for me was AUH to DWC.

Edited by thibodba57
  • Upvote 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

49 minutes ago, pellelil said:

The AIG flightplan have it listed as a pax also:

May I ask you what software is that ?

its a piece of software that I am currently developing. I am nearing the end of the development-cycle, and I am currently finishing up/testing the search feature that lets you search across multiple (AI) flightplans, so I thought I wanted to do a search for all routes served by 747-8 and 747-8F according to these (+400) flightplans

Pelle Liljendal

Frankfurt - Tokio Haneda
               - Johannesburg
               - Rio de Janeiro
               - Sao Paolo
               - Buenos Aires
               - Washington
               - New York
               - Los Angeles
               - Mumbai
               - Chicago
               - Mexico City
               - Boston
               - Bangalore
               - Newark
               - Shanghai
               - Beijing

all flights from Lufthansa. Some of them might be only temporary (or be flown by 747-400 from time to time), but I checked for all flights in September in our system.

Edited by B747tebs
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, B747tebs said:

Frankfurt - Tokio Haneda
               - Johannesburg
               - Rio de Janeiro
               - Sao Paolo
               - Buenos Aires
               - Washington
               - New York
               - Los Angeles
               - Mumbai
               - Chicago
               - Mexico City
               - Boston
               - Bangalore
               - Newark
               - Shanghai
               - Beijing

all flights from Lufthansa. Some of them might be only temporary (or be flown by 747-400 from time to time), but I checked for all flights in September in our system.

The same flights and include Hong-Kong and Narita, because Lufthansa flew with B748. 

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

If you are looking for a really unusual itinerary, here is one:

About 2 1/2 years ago, Cargolux B747-8F LX-VCL did a nice "round the world trip" on Feb 17th - Feb 20th 2016. The route was as follows:
ELLX - LEBL - OMDW - WSSS - YMAV - SELT - TJBQ - ELLX, flown as CLX852 (ELLX-YMAV), CLX853 (YMAV-SELT), CLX763 (SELT-ELLX).

In particular the leg from Australia to the Northern part of South America is a highly unusual one - it flies across the South Pacific, where rarely, if ever, a plane flies (apart from the usual crossing along Easter Island or the usual YSSY/NZAA - SCEL/SAEZ routes). As an extra to that, the approach to SELT is pretty challenging with very high terrain in all quadrants, especially after a 14 hour trip over the Pacific.

Details are still visible on some of the tracking websites
https://planefinder.net/flight/CLX852/time/2016-02-18T08:10:00 UTC (click on the CLX852 symbol to show the complete ELLX-LEBL-OMDW-WSSS-YMAV route)
http://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/CLX852/history/20160218/0115Z/WSSS/YMAV
http://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/CLX853/history/20160218/1040Z/YMAV/SELT
http://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/CLX763/history/20160219/2321Z/SELT/TJBQ
http://de.flightaware.com/live/flight/CLX763/history/20160220/0415Z/TJBQ/ELLX

>>> Link to gcmap HERE <<<

Markus

Edited by ps1flyer
  • Like 1

Best regards,

Markus Vitzethum ("ps1flyer")

18 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

That was a Pax flight only and we don't fly it anymore.  But the wonderful thing about ACMI/ADHOC is you can go anywhere, anytime.  So disregard anyone who ever says they only fly actual routes because chances are they are missing 1/2 of the actual flights done by any aircraft.

That's what I enjoy about freighters, you can either do real world schedules if that is your thing, or fly practically from/to anywhere on the globe and justify the flight with a virtual cargo loadout  that makes sense (in your mind anyway, hehe)....including the infamous rubber dog poop outta' Hong Kong if you wish.:biggrin:

I personally love the really obscure flights to places you don't normally see modern freighters at. Explore the world, one airport at a time. :)

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

UPS does a world tour with their -8F:  KSDF OMDB ZGSZ PANC KSDF as 5X76 and 5X77.  What is interesting about this is that when I flew the KSDF OMDB in a 400F the fuel requirements limited payload to about 56% but the -8F is a world class hauler and make that same segment on much less fuel and much more payload.  That was an eye opener and that is when I understood that the -8F is going to be around for a long time.

Dan Downs KCRP