Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

DLL.XML / SimConnect missing in FSX (help)

Hi Folks;

So I loaded FSX as i normally do which loaded fine along with the add-on that are loaded when I initiate FSX. At the spinning plane screen I then launch ASN/AS16 like I normally do before I load a flight. As AS16 was loading i accidentally hit the reset button with my foot and my pc rebooted before AS16 can fully launch. It may be coincidental and may not have anything to do with the issue.

After my PC came up (which it did in a normal mode) I launched FSX and then launched AS16 in the same sequence and the got the message "the dll.xml file needs to be fixed or delete" "SimConnect cannot connect"  so AS16 never connected with FSX. I also noticed that none of my other addons loaded such as EZ-Doc which is launched when I start FSX. I can select my iFLY 747 from the top bar menu but certain things of the aircraft didn't load. The default aircraft look fine.

Before I start this long process of trial and error (deleting, renaming, re-installing software etc.etc) does anyone have any ideas that I could try before i go down that rabbit hole? I know some people tried re-installing AS16 and that didn't work. My assumption is the SimConnect is shot and so, is there a place where I can get a standalone updated DLL.XML to replace the shot one with? I know that some of the add-ons do include the appropriate DLL's; no sure if I want to reinstall all of my add-ons until i find the one that may have it. I don't want to delete the wrong thing then have to reload FSX from scratch and then all add-ons 😟

Any input, suggestion  would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

Delete the exe.xml.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim;

i will try that later this evening. Will report back how things turn out.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Delete the exe.xml.

Hello Jim;

I don't have an exe.xml per say. Below are the list of DLL and or XML files in the folder "C:\Users\AC\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

There are the following:

dll  (by itself no extension) which is a dll format created on 09/04 the day of the problem

dll.xml.a2a created on 09/27/16 probably not that

dll.xml.ASBackup created 08/12/18

dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager 06/05/16

Unfortunately, I can't attached the list of files in the folder.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Forshaw

Hi,

the "dll" without an ending is probably a failed attempt at saving the dll.xml file.

1. Try renaming the "dll" to "dll.xml". Open it with notepad to check if it looks OK.

2. If that doesn't work, make a copy of "dll.xml.ASBackup" and rename that copy to "dll.xml"

Best regards

LORBY-SI

9 hours ago, forshaw said:

Unfortunately, I can't attached the list of files in the folder.

What happens is that the exe.xml, in the same folder as the FSX.cfg and dll.xml, sometimes gets corrupted and that is the file that contains the following entry:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

In my case, I simply deleted the corrupted file and it was rebuilt.  Because you are not showing extensions in Windows Explorer, it should show up as exe.  If it is not there, then your only solution is to reinstall AS16 so the file can be created.

When opening xml files, it is best to use notepad++ instead of Windows Notepad - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Folks;

Thank you both for your input and especially the explaining, makes sence and I appreciate it.

I'll go through that steps that you outlined and see what happens. 

@ Jim, I will download the Notepad++ which will be usefully anyway.

Will report back on how things worked out and what solution worked.

Cheers.

Forshaw.

• Like 1

Hello All;

Just wanted to provide an update stating that the problem is resolved. I did some renaming and deleting of files as you suggested. I got back AS16 but lost the Add On Manager so I just reinstalled the Add On Manager software and everything is now good. I backed up everything:biggrin:.

Thanks again folks.

Cheers.

Forshaw

• Like 1