Sign in to follow this  
hipshot845

737 Internal Sounds Stop

Hi,

I have the 737-800 P3Dv4 and it has been going great then all of a sudden the internal sounds have been stopping. I think it happens when I change the acceleration height in the CDU actually. All PMDG sounds stop. I can still hear external GSX sounds like tractor engines. If I close the flight and come back to a saved file I made at the start the sounds are back but fuel level has gone to 181,000lbs. That cannot be changed or deleted and so the aircraft is unflyable.

Anybody know how to solve this?

Richard Wade

Edited by hipshot845

If you lose the internal sounds it’s usually because the wrong sound source is selected. In the FMC CDU options under PMDG SETUP choose sound and make sure that it is using windows default. That way if your PC sound source changes for some reason the sim will also follow that change.

Edited by kevinh

ki9cAAb.jpg

8 hours ago, hipshot845 said:

If I close the flight and come back to a saved file I made at the start the sounds are back but fuel level has gone to 181,000lbs. That cannot be changed or deleted and so the aircraft is unflyable.

This happens when you load one flight on top of another.  You cannot do that with a complex aircraft.  Save the flight.  Exit the simulator.  Start the simulator and select the flight.

Dan Downs KCRP

OK but I never have loaded one flight on top of another. I did save the flight, exit the sim and re-start a number of times.

Richard Wade

OK. The sound stopping is not gonna be fixed by selecting windows default as there is none. There are 3 choices and one gives no sound. The other is a tinny sound from the TV. The other is from my speakers which is the one lately cutting out from the PMDG 737-800.

Does anyone else know anything?

Richard Wade

12 minutes ago, N325NS said:

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I recommend you start a new topic with your complete problem description.  Jumping onto an old one presuming there is a problem to be solved is not going to solve your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the tip, however, I don't presuming anything, I'm simply asking a question that doesn't appear to have been answered.  Maybe I've missed something.

Jeff Doerning - PANC : RPVM