Sign in to follow this  
rpotor

ADF tuner knob problem

Hi Everyone,

I might be overlooking something and I admit I just purchased this aircraft, but this is bugging me greatly. So, the problem is when I try to tune an NDB frequency with the ADF tuner knob, I can dial the ones and the hundreds digits just fine. If I click on the button, I can even dial the tenths digits. But whatever I do, I just cannot dial the tens digits of the desired frequency. 😞 I purchased this aircraft because we are doing an around the world tour with my friend and we'd like to do it without GPS, just radio nav, but if I can't tune in NDB frequencies, that would be bad... Anyone can offer any wisdom here?

Aaand sorry for taking up the space, but I figured out. In case someone else has this "problem" in the future, please note, that both of the ADF tuner knobs can be pushed. The big one and the small one as well. When you click the smaller (inner) one, it changes from one digits to tenths digits and if you press the big (outer) one, then it changes from 100 digits to 10 digits.

Again sorry guys for taking up the space because of this noob question and sorry for wasting your time if you've read this. :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes i have the same problem , i will try that , thanks for the info 

Noticed this just today when flying the M20R and I had written the ADF off as just another Alabeo glitch until I read this thread. Thank you for clarifying how it works!

Another reason why Alabeo (and Carenado) really need to start including some decent documentation with their products.

Bill