Sign in to follow this  
Jayjay

Alternative to Carenado C340 II HD

Hello, I am looking for a good alternative to the Carenado C340 II HD for X-Plane 11.  After having purchased it recently, I just ditched it. I cannot get the autopilot popup to show. There is no documentation about how to use the plane. I spent hours searching the web for a solution.  Found out that there is a C/O/A menu that can be popped up on the screen, but it is not visible on the instrument panel.  This is the first and the last plane for X-Plane that I purchased from Carenado.  These guys are excellent design artists but without brain... The plane that I am looking for is a small to medium GA twin.

Thanks

Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

Hi, instead of ditching the plane I would suggest looking at the proper carenado forum at the org and post your issue, I'm sure the devs will come out with a solution, BTW I don't have the XP11 version of this plane yet.

Alexander Colka

Thanks Grusgrus, but there are no C/O/A tabs there. I had already moved my mouse pointer a numerous time along all the edges in search for a hidden spot.

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

There is a generic Autopilot panel on the "A" tab at the left side of the screen, but why not use the instrument panel autopilot instead? That's the one on the real aircraft, and you can easily access it by moving the cockpit camera to a close view of whatever switches and displays you need, then program that to a view key (Ctrl + Numpad).

I program views like that for autopilot and other main controls on all my Carenado models in X-Plane. I never use the Carenado pop-up autopilot because the ones in the panel are more realistic, and usually have more features. 

I understand if you're temporarily frustrated, but if you avoid Carenado models in X-Plane, then you won't have access to many of the best GA aircraft models currently available. Carenado has had a reputation for prioritizing eye candy over systems modeling, but the recently developed (HD) models are pretty good, and we're not exactly spoiled for choices in X-Plane. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Thanks Paraffin, I'll try that when I am back home.

JJ

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

3 hours ago, Jayjay said:

Thanks Grusgrus, but there are no C/O/A tabs there. I had already moved my mouse pointer a numerous time along all the edges in search for a hidden spot.

Then your plane is not properly installed or activated.

19 minutes ago, Pascal_LSGC said:

Then your plane is not properly installed or activated.

I moved the unzipped folder to X-Plane's aircraft folder.  Other than the C/O/A/ tabs, the plane is functioning correctly.

I am running X-Plane on a Mac, maybe that is the cause of the problem?

JJ

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

... but why not use the instrument panel autopilot instead?

I followed your advice Paraffin.  Thanks a lot for a clever solution!

JJ

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI