Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

GoFlight GF MCP PRO

I'm looking at grabbing one of these. But before i shell out 1/2 a grand i was wondering if anyone has experience with it.

Is it compatible with P3D?

I mostly fly the airbus and 787. i sometimes fly 737 and 747.

Any feed back greatly welcome.

Regards

Mike

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

Hi Mike,

It most closely models a 737NG MCP.  I've used one for years, including with P3D, and would not be without it.

That said, if you are building a replica flight deck you might want to have a look at products designed for your specific aircraft.

Best,

Jim Harnes

No mate just doing a desktop set up stick on the right throttle on the left and maybe a go pro in the center on the desk 🙂

Mike

I've had one for quite a few years.  I fly the 787 and some functions work with it but not all..The auto throttle switch, speed dial, heading dial and altitude dial are all that work with it.  The PMDG aircraft work well with all the functions including GF's efis, but you have to have Polypots Goflight Intterface Tool installed.  I don't fly Airbus planes so I don't know the status on that.  All in all, it's a well put module and it is reasonably priced if you compare it to other MCP modules on the market.  And of course it works with all default ac.

Gnacino

Did you take a look at the MCP EL from CpFlight ?

Very good quality + backlighting

https://www.cpflight.com/en/

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I had it for about four years, works great with default aircraft, for the PMDG 737 you need to have the polly pot software interface, when it comes to the QW787 the Buttons do not work like when sellecting LNAV VNAV APP HDG Hopefully QW will pass along the info to pollypot so they can make a QW787 Interface a great unit for the price and if you wait for the black friday sale they have you can buy it for about 350 USD

51 minutes ago, exceljet said:

t four years, works great with default aircraft, for the PMDG 737 you need to have the polly pot software interface, when it comes to the QW787 the Buttons do not work like when sellecting LNAV VNAV APP HDG Hopefully QW will p

OpenCockpits MCP is good and affordable. Works with all PMDG jetliners and Aerosoft Airbus. Soon also with QW787. ( with OC4BA in FSX/P3D) and with B737 in XPLANE(with OC4BA_XP)

Edited by roarkr

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

I have the MCP PRO, love it and couldn’t imagine not having it.  As mentioned make sure to include a purchase of GFIT in your budget.

Works seamlessly with PMDG Boeings and user created interface files for others can be found at the GFIT website (pollypot software).

Using an interface file I’m having it work well with the QW 787 too.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have looked into this and have drooled over the websites for these MCPs, but for PC desk users, where do you put it?   My desk is full of monitors, a keyboard, mouse, joystick, throttles, etc. as it is. 

Mark

Wow thxs for the replies 🙂 Few options there. I liked the MCP PRO because it looked compact and kinda universal if that makes any sense lol.

I will keep looking and read up so more. Thxs guys

Mike

Mine sits to the left on my monitor, my monitor has enough clearance under it for the mcp to partially tuck under too.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I use the GF MCP Pro for my SimPit, no issues.  If you want to get the most out of GF modules, I highly recommend using Steve's GIT (GoFlight Interface Tool) found here: https://shop.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/  you can download various profiles for different aircraft here: https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/downloads.html ... I've done a couple of tutorials on how to program them.

I believe there might be a profile available for the QW 787 in the GIT forums.  GIT supports both XP11 and P3D V4.x

Cheers, Rob.