Sign in to follow this  
eliott3

linda P3DV4 MCP Combo 1

Hello. I fly with P3DV4 + opus (for the weather) and Linda to communicate with the MCP Combo 1.I created or completed aircraft profiles and everything was OK. Except that this summer, I had updates (for example of my antivirus, etc ..) and since I have certain functions of the MCP that no longer trigger action in P3DV4. I went to check that Linda was well configured => it's OK.These malfunctions occur on some profiles for example with my profile pmdg 737 I can change the heading but if I put the baron 58 with the profile beech_baron, the heading button is inoperative. Similarly some aircraft and profile, I can not directly with the combo change the frequencies of com1, com2, nav, etc ... I can scroll on the Mcp screen the frequencies but they immediately come back on this screen to the value displayed in P3DV4. Whereas 1 month ago everything was ok.
My MPC combo is ok because I always have FSX on my computer and everything is still ok.
I tell you that under P3DV4, I use Linda 3.3.724
Thank you for your help

Hi Eliott

I am sorry to hear you have started to experience problems with your LINDA setup. 

First, I recommend that you update to LINDA 3.0.8 along with FSUIPC5 5.140.

Secondly, I would ask you to carefully read and follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure and send me the logs files. This will allow me to see what is happening. Because your problem affects your MCP1, you will also need to open the LINDA Console and tick the Log VRi Events checkbox once you have your aircraft loaded. Then operate the affected MCP1 buttons and knobs to see the effect.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello
- updated Linda made => 3.0.8
- Fsuipc => 5.140
I send you the 3 files tracing the manipulations, namely:
- launch of P3DV4 then Linda with pmdg 737 - heading and altitude settings by mcp => Ok on the panel of the plane in P3DV4, settings com1 or nav1 (ADF) => the numbers on the combo scroll but the value comes back always to that indicated on the panel of P3DV4

- launch of P3DV4 then Linda with the Carenado c337 - heading and altitude settings => no movement of heading or altitude settings on the panel of the aircraft in P3DV4, com1 or nav1 => the numbers on the combo scroll but the value always returns to that indicated on the panel of P3DV4

- launch of P3DV4 then Linda with the Majestic q400- heading and altitude settings => nothing move on the panel of the plane in P3DV4 whatever the button of the mcp that I touch,

Thanks 

Christian

Please email the log so I can analyse them. DO NOT POST LOGS TO THE FORUM. THEY BECOME UNREADABLE. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Also email me the file  modules\linda/aircrafts/mjc8q400/actions.lua

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

You need to go to the Setup MCP Combo page and tick the Enabled checkbox for the MCP to be recognised. Then close and restart LINDA and P3D to force it to initialise.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello.
The "enable" checkbox was and remains checked in Linda's MCP Combo setup. I send you the 3 files concerning the 3 planes that I use the most in P3DV4. As well as the file modules \ linda / aircrafts / mjc8q400 / actions.lua

I do not know how to put attached files in the avsim forum so I send you the link to my dropbox for a RAR file.
Sorry

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2db70geqixp26nx/Linda.rar?dl=0

Thanks

Christian

Hi Christian

I need the raw logs not copies cut-and-pasted and saved in Word. You should read the full fault diagnosis procedure which asks you to email me the files (the email address is given). There is no need to use dropbox.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello.
my problem is solved (at least I hope) and I found the actions of the MCP combo 1 to P3DV4 (except for the majestic q400 (but here I think it is rather the config file of the plane for Linda who is at fault).

What happened ?
I installed Rikoo planes with automatic installation. That changed me the default situation at the launch of P3DV4 and I was entitled to the message
"vehicle initialization has failed for dr400 - HOM".
I struggled to turn this message.
1 - On the internet, I found => delete Lockheed Martin files ► Prepar3D v3 simobjects.cfg and Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 VehicleFavorites.xml
2 - I uninstalled the recently installed Rikoo planes
But even after that, I still had the msg "vehicle etc ..." when launching P3DV4.
And at the same time the functions of the MCP combo1 transmitted nothing or so little towards the panel of the chosen airplanes.

3 - I had an illumination and I changed the default flight by putting a base plane

And there, miracle:
1 ==> I no longer have the message "vehicle ..."
and especially

2 ==> the MCP combo1 modifies the panel of my planes in P3DV4 (in short as it worked before this summer); I re-regulate the radio, the heading, etc ...
(except for the majestic q400, but then I think it's more the config file of the plane for Linda who is to criticize).

Would it be the chance or it is these files to regenerate and this default flight to reconfigure that would block me some of the links between Linda and P3DV4?

Christian
FCY-ISA
Cyberavia Pilote (and who speaks and writes very bad English)

Hi Christen

Thank you for your detailed explanation to solving your underlying problem. I am very wary of installation anything of unknown origin. P3Dv4 has complicated where the various add-on aircraft are installed with multiple locations for the add-ons.cfg and add-ons.xml files are stored. I have had to do some detailed programming to scan all the relevant ones to identify what aircraft are available. I am pleased you have identified the cause.

I have emailed you my analyse of the files you sent me. Basically, the old original MCP1 is not available to us and we are unable to populate the default assignments with the aircraft specific functions. MCP1 in most cases have to do this themselves.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK