Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Real Traffic?

I use it and have for about a year with PSXseecon..  I like it and don't fly without it.  I couldn't get the trial to work so I subscribed for a month, got all the bugs worked out. 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Yes, it works with PSXseecontraffic. It served me very well for some time. Notably, PSXseecontraffic can be run networked, different from all other AI programs I know and providing the best performance over competition.

Despite, I did not extend my subscription. Real Traffic once had a  very nice feature of storing traffic for 2 days backwards, which seems to have been gone now. I often fly in Europe, after work, at night, where there is virtually no RL traffic on airports, notably smaller ones, making it more or less pointless for me.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I used it for a while early last year, but it was far from perfect, and utlive was out in beta at the time, so I shelved it until recently.  I fired it up a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really impressed with how the accuracy has improved.  There are a couple places here and there that don't get excellent coverage, but for the most part, I use it more than UtLive now.  Give it a try, use both if you want to add some more traffic to lean airports, and enjoy.  One thing I really like is that Live Traffic gives us real traffic patterns and flows in and out of airports.  No last-minute runway changes due to wind, most approaches are better-timed and realistic, and even taxiing aircraft tend to be more realistic these days.  The only big drawback that I'm facing now is that if I fly at night in the real world, traffic can be pretty light. 

John

7 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

The only big drawback that I'm facing now is that if I fly at night in the real world, traffic can be pretty light. 

John

That's my big issue, too.

Otherwise I fully agree to you, and the author of PSXSeecontraffic put quite an amount of work into improving it (while keeping PSXSeecontraffic freeware, it's only Real Traffic you have to pay for).

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an alternative source providing canned traffic for at least a few hours to link into PSXSeecontraffic.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thanks for all the feedback. I've never even heard of this program until today...didn't even think it was possible to fly with real time, real life AI aircraft. Very interesting. I'm pretty happy with UT2, but trying new stuff helps keep the hobby fun. 

Edited by Sidney Schwartz

9 hours ago, dal330200 said:

.  The only big drawback that I'm facing now is that if I fly at night in the real world, traffic can be pretty light. 

John

Hi John,

That's in the real world too, that's why it is called RealTraffic... ;-).

However you can always go to a place somewhere in the world where there is rush hour. Also nice to discover countries where you have not been before.

Nico

18 minutes ago, kiek said:

That's in the real world too, that's why it is called RealTraffic... ;-).

However you can always go to a place somewhere in the world where there is rush hour. Also nice to discover countries where you have not been before.

But the advantage of the historical traffic feature was that you could go to other countries and still get a lot of traffic. I'm in the UK and like to fly in afternoons and evenings in Australia / New Zealand, but the only way to get good traffic volumes is to get up at 3 am and fly then.

The Real Traffic application suggests that this feature will return, but that's been some weeks now - any idea if there's a planned return?

Edited by Petraeus

Petraeus

3 minutes ago, Petraeus said:

The Real Traffic application suggests that this feature will return, but that's been some weeks now - any idea if there's a planned return?

Yes, unfortunately it will not return. The IT costs were too high. 

Hi guys,

I could -rather easely- build in a traffic recording function in PSXseeconTraffic. Then you can re-play a session.

The only problem would be that I can only record traffc based on your user aircraft position. So if you stand still at an airport and you record a session with lateral range 100 nm, you can later fly (with recorded traffic) in that area only. But for flying departures and arrivals from/to that airport it will do.

Just like modern video recorders I could let you program a time of day, position and session length.

Is that something you would like to have?

Nico

Edited by kiek

Thanks Nico, for inquiring alternatives. Concerning me, I am not sure this would help. As soon as you leave an area you've already been in, traffic will cease. It might be interesting for people often flying similar routes (maybe VAs), but probably not for me. 

Kind regards, Michael

5 hours ago, kiek said:

Yes, unfortunately it will not return. The IT costs were too high.

Then they ought to change the "...currently unavailable. Please check back later" message.  It's misleading and promises something that will not be delivered.

Petraeus

This is why UTLive makes for a great supplement to PSXseecontraffic, you get the best of both worlds.  I'd pay for this addon, shhh, don't tell Nico...it really does bring the sim to life.

John

3 minutes ago, dal330200 said:

This is why UTLive makes for a great supplement to PSXseecontraffic, you get the best of both worlds.  I'd pay for this addon, shhh, don't tell Nico...it really does bring the sim to life.

John

Do you run PSXSeecontraffic and UTLive in parallel at the same time...? Aside the technical possibility, I think UTL planes would crash into PSXSeecontraffic planes and vice versa.

Otherwise, I have both of them installed and used them interchangeably (until my subscription expired).

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, Petraeus said:

Then they ought to change the "...currently unavailable. Please check back later" message.  It's misleading and promises something that will not be delivered.

You better tell that to Inside Systems...