Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

PM 2 Concorde

Guest bull3443

Hi,can anybody please help, iv'e just dowloaded all the required parts for this concorde, I can get everything working great apart from the fact i can't get the panel or the VC gauges to work, iv'e tried various install combinations but to no avail.Thanks Mike

Guest Paul Heaney

This one is by far the best. Check it out www.sstsim.com Yeah it's payware, but worth every penny, if you should decide.

Hi,With all due respect Paul,....but Mike asked a question, he did not ask which payware Concorde is the best.I really don

Staffan

Hi Mike, You wrote:"i can't get the panel or the VC gauges to work"Does the package come with a collection of gauge files? Have you placed these in the FS/Gauges folder? Perhaps the package also requires the FS2000 Concorde gauge file? Does the 2D panel show up with no instruments visible, or simply nothing at all?

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

Guest bull3443

Hi Mach 2,if I select cockpit view, nothing, all I see is runway! in virtual cockpit view I get a great internal view of the cockpit, i can even look around, but no gauges, realy starting to frustrate me now, by the way, thanks for replying so quickregards Mike

Guest Charlie Hall

Did you install the panel file PM2C_V2_PANEL2004.exe ?If so, do you have a folder called panel within the main PM2-Concorde-FS9 folder and does the panel folder contain 6 bitmap files and 14 gau files (including CONCORDE.gau and CONCORDE_2.gau ?) and also a Panel.cfg file?

Guest bull3443

Hi Charlie,file you mention isn't available at fsfrance, only panel PM2C_V2_PANELPRO.zip, this contains three sub folders, Aircraft, effects and gauges but I don't know where to install the contents of the sub folders. the aircraft folder contains a folder PM2-Concorde-FS9 with another sub folder, Panel, which contains 29 BMP files and a panel.cfg, i know you probably think i'm dumb but as i said in first message i'm fairly new to fs, effects sub folder contains 6 fx files, where do they go, and the gauges folder contains 72 gau files and 1 xml.cab, sorry to be a pain but would realy appreciate your help as you seem to be quite up to speed, ps thanks for your prompt reply.best regards Mike

Guest Charlie Hall

Mike,Seems like the file I had has been discontinued then. What I had was a self installing file. It appears that what you have is a zip file allowing you to put the files where you want.If you have these folders separate from your FS9 installation, and not yet installed within the PM2-Concorde-FS9 folder or anywhere else within FS9, then put the panel folder with all its contents of BMP files and Panel.cfg in your PM2-Concorde-FS9 folder so it appears as a sub folder named panel and containing the files above. What I would then do (which may be different to how the installation was intended which would seem to be wanting to put the gauges and cab file in the main gauges folder) is put all the gauge files and cab file and any sub folders (do not alter or remove the contents of any sub folder) that are within the gauges folder into your newly installed panel folder, note that I am saying only put the contents of the gauges folder, not the gauges folder itself, into the panel folder. Your panel folder should then contain all the BMP and panel.cfg and gauges files and a cab file and maybe a sub folder. FS9 should be able to find all the gauges in the panel folder. This may not have been the case in earlier FS versions. Put the effects files (only the files, not the folder) in the main effects folder in FS9.Test again and let us know if it works.

Guest Paul Heaney

Say what you like, I told him how to solve his problem :)