Sign in to follow this  
John Snyder Jr

Prepar3D V4.3/Thrustmaster T16000M

Is this the one we're talking about?

http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t16000m-fcs

This one has the throttle in the same spot as the Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro. I had another one in mind, the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Joystick, my bad. So that black orange device is the one to get? It isn't as big as I thought (no T-Flight Hotas X) and it seems to have even more buttons that the Logitech one!

6 hours ago, J35OE said:

@w6kd

Just to make sure, reducing the p-factor from anything but max is a no-go for most quality payware add-ons.

I haven't come across a jet in FSX/P3D with a noticable p-factor.

E.g. Milviz, Carenado, Alabeo.  On the Milviz C310 reducing the p-factor makes the aircraft even more difficult to control.

AFAIR RealAir aircraft are among the very few who require a reduction of the p-factor, but that's only due to a different style of FDE programming.

It all depends on how the FDE is done...for jets, P-factor should be a non-issue in any event, so reducing or eliminating it is (or should be) of little import.  But back in the days when I used to spend a lot of time and energy writing and tweaking flight dynamics in the sim, I was stunned to see how many (even higher-end payware) .air files just used whole blocks of data transplanted from the (mediocre) default Baron or King Air FDE.  And thus I have actually seen jets modelled in ESP-based platforms with clear (and bogus) P-factor effects.

For prop acft, P-factor is a real fact of life ("right rudder, RIGHT RUDDER!!") but many of the acft modelled in ESP-based sims (MSFS, P3D) still have excessive amounts of it coded into the FDE.  In any event, given the artificiality of using a stick twist axis for rudder instead of a set of pedals, reducing/eliminating P-factor is a reasonable compromise to accomodate the already rather severe compromise of having to use the twist axis instead of a proper set of rudder pedals in the first place.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

On 9/7/2018 at 1:46 AM, w6kd said:

I use a T16000 with P3D v4 without issues here, either as a straight HID device or via FSUIPC.  It's my preferred controller for the Scarebus, as it can be easily configured as a left-hand stick.

No idea why anyone would suggest deleting any simconnect file...are you sure you're not confusing that with something else? 

"It's not acting correctly" doesn't describe what problem you're having enough to even take a guess as to what's going on. 

What version of Windows are you using?  Is the stick recognized by WIndows as a joystick?  Has it been calibrated in Windows?  Does the controls menu in P3D recognize it?  Does it work at all?  Is it disconnecting??

Regards

Hello

I have a strange situation with P3Dv4.4 and the Thrustmaster T16000 joy stick. GaPTH2k.jpg

I can not get to work in P3Dv4  assigning the "hat swithch" - button number 2 (per joy stick manual) located at the top of the joy stick that permits switching between different views (rear view, view to the left, view to the right, and also external views) onto the directions of this "Point of View" hat switch.

I see in P3Dv4 control configuration a selection I can use (the same I use in FSX-SE and works OK) which is called "view (pan)"

7c41rI6.jpg

My problem is that whan I assign the hat button from the T16000 to the "view (pan)" setting parameter, P3Dv4 takes it only in one direction (the one I happened to slide the button..... and not generically to pick a "POV" Pan view per se.

Any ideas?

Alvaro Escorcia

Edited by wlix261

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

On 9/7/2018 at 4:19 AM, J van E said:

Interesting... I also have a Logitech Xtreme 3D Pro and some buttons are starting to fail (need to press hard to get them working). I did have the device for over a decade or so, so it's not odd that this is happening. Anyway, I was planning on buying the same joystick again if this one really goes bad but now I am beginning to doubt... What exactly makes the T16000M so much better? It seems larger, more clunky (I am used to placing the Logitech on my lap), the throttle is on the left which seems odd to me (I know the throttle in the middle is odd either but I'd prefer the throttle on the right, as it is in the plane), does it have more buttons? A rudder twist (which I use for steering only btw)? Again, what makes this Thrustmaster better?

I used a Xtreme Pro 3D for a couple of years. Decided to try the T 16000m due to the hall effect IC's that never drift. Two days after using the T 16000M, I gave away the Pro 3D to a neighborhood kid. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, wlix261 said:

Hello

I have a strange situation with P3Dv4.4 and the Thrustmaster T16000 joy stick. GaPTH2k.jpg

I can not get to work in P3Dv4  assigning the "hat swithch" - button number 2 (per joy stick manual) located at the top of the joy stick that permits switching between different views (rear view, view to the left, view to the right, and also external views) onto the directions of this "Point of View" hat switch.

I see in P3Dv4 control configuration a selection I can use (the same I use in FSX-SE and works OK) which is called "view (pan)"

7c41rI6.jpg

My problem is that whan I assign the hat button from the T16000 to the "view (pan)" setting parameter, P3Dv4 takes it only in one direction (the one I happened to slide the button..... and not generically to pick a "POV" Pan view per se.

Any ideas?

Alvaro Escorcia

I have checked again and the symptopms are still there. 

Looks like the "View (pan)" setting control in P3D4.4.1627077  does not support the view as before

II wuld appreciate advice from anyone who has this working OK

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia  

2 hours ago, wlix261 said:

I have checked again and the symptopms are still there. 

Looks like the "View (pan)" setting control in P3D4.4.1627077  does not support the view as before

II wuld appreciate advice from anyone who has this working OK

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia  

A complete recalibraition of the T16000 via P3D or in Windows might help that Windows recognizes it correct as "direct x hat-switch". In my case it is named "T16000M", not "T16000..." as in your case. USB driver issue? Newest Thustmaster USB dirivers installed? Disconnect stick and reboot PC?

Rüdiger ("Rudi") Heilig

My videos "Vertx DA62 - in detail - in a nutshell": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYDO8_1njznTbsyJKEr3X2g

All my postings and other publications reflect my personal view only

11 minutes ago, rudi0310 said:

A complete recalibraition of the T16000 via P3D or in Windows might help that Windows recognizes it correct as "direct x hat-switch". In my case it is named "T16000M", not "T16000..." as in your case. USB driver issue? Newest Thustmaster USB dirivers installed? Disconnect stick and reboot PC?

Hi

Good ideas.

However I doubt its a Windows issue, bacause with the same device connected in the same PC but running the other fsim (FSX-SE) let me set it as view (pan) and works 100% without issues.

Also, in my case P3D 4.4 sjows me the device exactly as T.16000M

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia