Sign in to follow this  
vegasjon

UT Live and Parking assignments

Hello all!

Anyone know of there is a way to assign specific types of aircraft to parking spots? I am trying to set up Cargo only aircraft at cargo locations at some specific airports. UTLive currently puts commercial aircraft at a lot of them...Or is there a better way of doing this without editing AFCAD's ...

Jon Richardson

Raleigh, NC

AI parking relies equally on airline codes and radius or both the aircraft and the parking spots. Where and what aircraft are you trying to set this up? Knowing the details will help shed light on what you need to do.

If you are seeing lots of passenger aircraft parking at Cargo spots, it's more likely than not from not having parking of the right size elsewhere for those aircraft to fit, so they use what they fit into.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

UTL  is driving me mad. I've a similar problem where there is no parking available when I land, virtually every airwalk is full and I've no where to park, which in turn means I can't use GSX.

I thought it was suppose to mirror real world, well when I turn up with a genuine scheduled flight surely it would have parking free for the arrival. Apparently not

43 minutes ago, 9GTurn said:

UTL  is driving me mad. I've a similar problem where there is no parking available when I land, virtually every airwalk is full and I've no where to park, which in turn means I can't use GSX.

I thought it was suppose to mirror real world, well when I turn up with a genuine scheduled flight surely it would have parking free for the arrival. Apparently not

There is nothing real world about UT live its a gimmick.  I keep seeing 'delayed' flights landing into airports with curfews for example. 

On a side note my ut live updates are still available if anyone wants a copy. Pm me

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

6 hours ago, 9GTurn said:

Just turn off UTL traffic temporarily until you park at a desired stand then turn it back on.

I know UTLive isn't really live. It was a terrible choice for a name. Had they simply names it UT3 or something, they would have had less complaints. That aside, sometimes there isn't a gate available in the real world. Sometimes you have to wait for a slot. You can always reset the just before arrival or lower the amount of traffic injected into the sim. Also, why doesn't GSX just delete one AI aircraft that is occupying an appropriate space? Seems like that would be an easy feature to add. 

The problem with the cargo flights is a little different, and as mentioned, it is controlled by the airline codes and aircraft radius. Since the early days of AI back with FS2002, people have been trying to figure out a fool proof way to only have only cargo in cargo spaces, GA only in GA spaces and military only in military spaces. In the end, the scenery must have enough parking for everything, or you will have spillover. 

• Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Have you checked out Just Flight traffic global? If not you can always ask on the forum before you buy and an actual dev will reply.

I know cargo ramps have always been mixed up in P3D and FSX. I prefer cargo flights as love the challenge of take off and climb out near MTW but waiting for the 747-8.

Edited by 9GTurn

Traffic Global won't be any different in this issue. Just as Duckbilled mentioned if your airport's don't have enough spots for how much traffic your throwing at your sim you are going to get traffic parking where ever it can fit. Set up properly by the user and any AI will work and park where it should.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS